Some people are recommending the Otterbox located here as a case. I was thinking of buying one a $4.99 silicone cell phone case possibly instead of a $30-$40 dollar case.

Any recommendations here and the pros and cons?
    11-29-09 11:17 PM
    I've got two oem skins and I'm not impressed with the at all. I prefer the skins because of the tackiness it gives the phone. They are just too loose for my liking. I've ordered me a seidio innocase II and it will me here weds. It won't give me quite the tackiness I like, but it will give me some. Plus it will give give me better protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:45 PM
    No case bro. The phone looks amazing why cover it? Just be careful and get a clear screen protector no to scratch the screen
    11-30-09 12:17 AM
    Don't forget to mention Seidio. I would like to hear from people who have held or used both seidio and otterbox.
    11-30-09 12:51 AM
    New to Blackberry, and just got the 9700 myself. Per a buddy's recommendation, I got an Epik case off of eBay. I'm digging it. Kinda like a silicon softcase, but less give. Fits very snug.

11-30-09 03:15 AM
    On Otterbox's website it shows a picture of the 9700 which I noticed that it covers the dock charging contacts on the bottom corners. If I want to use a dock I believe this would pose an issue.
    11-30-09 04:36 AM
    no case here, The phone looks way to good to cover up.
    11-30-09 04:51 AM
    I would highly recommend patiently awaiting the arrival of the OtterBox Defender Series Case for the BlackBerry 9700.

That will be the most positive investment made for only $50.
    11-30-09 05:47 AM
    I bought it from this forum itself call Case-Mate Barely There in Silver Metallic and you really don't feel its there, very cool!! http://shop.crackberry.com/case-mate-barely-there-case/4A123A6077.htm
    11-30-09 06:01 AM
    Seidio Innocase II and holster combo. Just ordered it. Can't wait for it to get here. I am giving serious consideration to the Seidio Snap case that starts shipping today. It is similiar to the CaseMate Barely There. My concerns are protection and easy removal to use my OEM charging pod.

11-30-09 07:16 AM
    does anyone use the bestskins ever for the 9700 or any equipment for that matter .. just reading up about it and you have to wet the skin itself before putting it on the device. i dunno if i fancy getting any liquid on my device at all.

also - looking for a good silicone outer case .. any suggestions ?
    11-30-09 07:20 AM
    go for seidio SNAPON case without a second thougt it rocksss!!!!

11-30-09 07:25 AM
    I have had the SEIDIO on my Curve and now Tour, no issues, pretty durable without added bulk, still a convenient "pocket" phone
    11-30-09 07:25 AM
    I've tried both Seidio cases and although they certainly do the job, they take away from the sleek look of the 9700. But hold the phone...we have a winner. The Case-Mate Barely There case is perfect. Protection, better feel...and a great look. Just got it today and I love it.
    11-30-09 01:53 PM
    I've tried both Seidio cases and although they certainly do the job, they take away from the sleek look of the 9700. But hold the phone...we have a winner. The Case-Mate Barely There case is perfect. Protection, better feel...and a great look. Just got it today and I love it.
    With the colored ones...would they scratch and chip off do you think? I am going to buy the silver one if someone can tell me that the paint wont chip off.
    11-30-09 02:16 PM
    i have an otterbox commuter case on the 9700 right now. its a great case, the only gripe i have with it is that they did not put anything to prevent the sides from moving around. im a big otterbox fan, but that just annoys me.

i ordered a seidio innocase II and it should be here wednesday. going to try that out and see what i like more.
    11-30-09 02:27 PM
    New to Blackberry, and just got the 9700 myself. Per a buddy's recommendation, I got an Epik case off of eBay. I'm digging it. Kinda like a silicon softcase, but less give. Fits very snug.

I had a purple Epik case for my 8900 and loved it more than some of the expensive cases I had. It was cute and protected really well...I dropped the phone a couple of times on a hard surface and that $3 case protected it as well as my Seidio case did. I just received my smoked/grey one for my 9700 and love it, too!
    11-30-09 03:15 PM
    If your looking for the ultimate protection, then the Otterbox should be in consideration.

11-30-09 09:50 PM
    I got the OEM BB Silicone Skin in Blue and I kept the old OEM BB Leather Case with Belt Clip for the Curve. Works just fine. I like this belt clip better than the belt clip that came with the packaged holster. Also, I like a low profile minimizing weight. Will get a screen protector as well.
    11-30-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD