07-02-09 09:57 PM
50 12
tools
    My Bold will arrive tomorrow and I am curious what case everyone is using? I have the invisishield on my zune and it does a great job. I am thinking about buying one just for the screen on the Bold then getting a leather case with the belt clip since I use it for work. I really want to protect the screen since it has such great resolution.

Thanks in advance!!
    07-01-09 12:05 PM
    search search search search. this has been covered many many times. sorry to be short but this is not the topic for a new thread.
    07-01-09 12:07 PM
    None. Cases are ********. Why would you buy a $30 case to protect a $10 faux-leather battery door?

Buy a screen-protector for the LCD and you're set.
    I use the belt case that came with mine.
    search search search search. this has been covered many many times. sorry to be short but this is not the topic for a new thread.
    noted, my apologies...of to search
    07-01-09 12:08 PM
    It's ok. The way I see it, the more information out there the better. Please don't get a case for the already-gigantic bold. Why bulk up your phone and make it look stupid for "protection" that will only slow you and your phone down? Hideous.
    07-01-09 12:12 PM
    It's ok. The way I see it, the more information out there the better. Please don't get a case for the already-gigantic bold. Why bulk up your phone and make it look stupid for "protection" that will only slow you and your phone down? Hideous.
    Well since I use it for work and carry the phone with me everywhere I go I just don't like to keep the phone in my pocket and prefer to have it in a case on my hip or hanging off my pants pocket.
    07-01-09 12:16 PM
    Fair enough but I also keep the phone in my pocket. Guess what else is in there when the Bold is?

Nothing.

Sorry misread. People often keep their keys in the pocket with the phone.

If it's on your hip, put it in a belt holster. No case needed.

Well since I use it for work and carry the phone with me everywhere I go I just don't like to keep the phone in my pocket and prefer to have it in a case on my hip or hanging off my pants pocket.
    07-01-09 12:18 PM
    I either use the included belt holster (used to have one of the invisible shields) or the Innocase with Innocase holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 12:21 PM
    I have an Otterbox which is good for heavy work areas but a bit of a 'tank' - I bought a PDair aluminium case for lighter use but it came open and dropped my bold on the driveway ... not best pleased. I have to say that for most 'reasonable' use the BB leather case with belt clip is the most versatile.
    07-01-09 12:50 PM
    I just bought the Sena Ultra slim leather case and the invisible shield full skin. both should be here tomorrow and meet my needs just perfect!!

Here is the sena case - SENA CASES :: ULTRA SLIM POUCH FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000
    07-01-09 03:29 PM
    I use the Innocase 360
    07-01-09 03:32 PM
    I'm still using the old leather case that I used with my BB 8330, as it is large enough to protect even the sides of my new Bold, and it has a really strong belt clip, so I don't have to worry about knocking it off while I am running, or Inline skating.
    07-01-09 03:33 PM
    I use the holster that came with my BOLD. I have been toying with the Innocase and holster combo. I had a Seidio rubberized case and holster for my Curve and still managed to drop it. Thus, the reason for not yet investing in the Innocase and holster combo.
    07-01-09 03:35 PM
    You guys should get a case for your cases. Uber protection 2.0

Wear a helmet while you're at it
    07-01-09 03:47 PM
    Mine goes commando, baby!
    07-01-09 03:58 PM
    Not so sold on commando. For non-holster moments, I have a BB rubberized skin.
    07-01-09 04:58 PM
    so far i use the case that came with my bold

but i make extra care when i take it with me in my truck, on the seat or really in 2 crack of my seater or panel
    07-01-09 05:04 PM
    I have one of the clear plastic ones that snap on. I'm always dropping her or she'll fall off the bed. lol

I do need a screen protector though. I want a mirrored one.
    07-01-09 05:07 PM
    We are talking about phones still, right?

Mine goes commando, baby!
    07-01-09 05:09 PM
    Agreed man. The phone looks good like that. I really don't like cases on my phone. Besided you could almost change every part on the bold. Keep naked

07-01-09 05:58 PM
    I use the OEM for everyday use.
    On days where I don't want so much bulk, I use my holster from Seidio.com

07-01-09 06:33 PM
    I have a hard time settling on which case I like the best. I currently have three cases: a leather belt clip that came with the Bold, a leather pocket, and a BB skin. All of them have their purposes. I like the belt clip because I don't have to keep track of it when out and about. It also looks very professional to have my phone on my hip when I'm at work. But if you aren't wearing a belt, you have to hold the bulky case and phone in your hand, which I don't like. The leather pocket is nice when I wear a sports coat. I can put it in my inside jacket pocket. But the pocket has to come off when I need to charge it. The skin is nice because I can keep it on always, however, the screen is exposed. I find the skin to be convenient when I'm in the car listening to my music or using the GPS. I can just put the phone in my cup holder and know that it is protected. Plus, if you were to drop it, the skin will prevent dings and scratches. Using the before mentioned cases, you have to take the device out to use which leaves your phone unprotected. I do agree with a previous post that covering your phone limits it aesthetically. The phone is so gorgeous covering it seems like a crime. It's like seeing a woman with a smoking body and putting sweats on her. That's not right. If I had to choose one, I would probably use the belt clip case that came with the phone. But as I said before, every case has its uses. Hope this helps.
    07-01-09 06:36 PM
    Screen protector is all mine has now. I used one of those that snap together (got it on eBay) but it makes it too bulky. As for carrying it around, I just put it in my pocket or, on rare occasions, have a pouch that I got a while ago.

07-01-09 06:37 PM
    07-01-09 07:38 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD