So I just ordered it from Sprint today, and I'd like to have a case ready to put on it when it gets here so I can try to keep my phone nice for once, lol.

My phones always get all dinged up, scratched, etc.

I'd like a case that will keep the BB as slim as possible. I kind of like the silicone cases. Any favorites?

Or perhaps a leather case? A nice but affordable one? I'm already paying $325 on the phone, lol.

Thanks!
    07-02-07 10:00 PM
    Congrats on your new addition

Seidio cases are great quality for price. Vaja and Sena cases are beautiful but more expensive.

Hope that helps.

So I just ordered it from Sprint today, and I'd like to have a case ready to put on it when it gets here so I can try to keep my phone nice for once, lol.

My phones always get all dinged up, scratched, etc.

I'd like a case that will keep the BB as slim as possible. I kind of like the silicone cases. Any favorites?

Or perhaps a leather case? A nice but affordable one? I'm already paying $325 on the phone, lol.

Thanks!
    07-02-07 10:08 PM
    Congrats on your new addition

Seidio cases are great quality for price. Vaja and Sena cases are beautiful but more expensive.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks! I'm excited/nervous, lol.

Excited because I KNOW I'll love it...nervous because I KNOW I'll hate the bill a month from now, lol.

Where would I get these Seidio cases? And the Vaja and Sena if I decide to?
    07-02-07 10:16 PM
    KnappyRootz, check their websites...

Seidio
    Vaja
    07-02-07 10:19 PM
    Well the Vaja and Sena are nice, little pricey though. And I think the Seidio is a little too bulky.

How well do the silicone cases protect the phone? I was thinking of getting one of those silicone cases, and then one of the screen protectors to cover the screen. I had a ShieldZone screen for my KRZR and its been great, expensive though.
    07-02-07 10:21 PM
    Silicone cases protect the device well enough that you don't get marks on the back of the device, or along the sides...
    07-02-07 10:24 PM
    Silicone cases protect the device well enough that you don't get marks on the back of the device, or along the sides...
    Thanks nav! Where should I buy one? And which one is good? I know there are a few out, I'd like it in Black to match the phone.

Thanks again!

...waiting for this da*n phone now is the worst part, lol.
    07-02-07 10:28 PM
    Chinese Catt, she's your best bet, right, here...
    07-02-07 10:31 PM
    I'm using a Seidio "skin" case, and I love it. Click here: SEIDIO SKIN CASE FOR 8800/8830. Mine's black (although they come in other colors) and it fits the 8830 literally like a glove. (Looks kind of like a wetsuit, but really thin.) Protects the BB but it's very light and slim, and you can use the devise with the case on. I don't use a holster so don't need the belt clip/button on the back.

However, I also just ordered a Vaja leather case. Click here: Vaja Choice. Very pricey, but very beautiful (at least in the photos on the Website). Still with no belt clip and still pretty slim.

Good luck!
    07-03-07 03:04 PM
    Willl the 8830 with the Seidio case still fit in the leather holster that comes with the Bb?

I like what I've seen of the Seidio case, but the holster combo looks cumbersome and I don't mind the leather holster provided by RIM. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-07 11:21 PM
    I never use cases for my blackberries since you can never see the whole device. I usually use the Blackberry leather holsters. Another plus to using a holster is that the phone has different rings, etc. when it's holstered.
    07-08-07 02:11 PM
    Did you get the holster that goes with the skinned case?

I'm using a Seidio "skin" case, and I love it. Click here: SEIDIO SKIN CASE FOR 8800/8830. Mine's black (although they come in other colors) and it fits the 8830 literally like a glove. (Looks kind of like a wetsuit, but really thin.) Protects the BB but it's very light and slim, and you can use the devise with the case on. I don't use a holster so don't need the belt clip/button on the back.

However, I also just ordered a Vaja leather case. Click here: Vaja Choice. Very pricey, but very beautiful (at least in the photos on the Website). Still with no belt clip and still pretty slim.

Good luck!
    10-26-07 06:34 PM
    I have dropped too many phones and they always seem to hit the soft spot of the phone.

The OtterBox let's me use the entire BB without any problems. It doesn't shout 'look at my BB' when I use it but then that doesn't really matter to me.

I bought it here in the store.

Brian
    10-26-07 09:00 PM
    I purchased a skin from Best skin ever(do a search for that for black berry). It is fantastic and allows for all over coverage while keeping tha aesthetic appearance and no bulk. I also purchased a Vaja case and can use it with the BSE. Enjoy.

10-26-07 11:00 PM
    A Leather Pocket will be available soon for the 8800 Series (early November). Currently, this is only available for the Pearl and the Curve.
    10-26-07 11:09 PM
    I just went on BSE website, there were really no images for the skin. Is it clear? Do you have a site with more images?

I purchased a skin from Best skin ever(do a search for that for black berry). It is fantastic and allows for all over coverage while keeping tha aesthetic appearance and no bulk. I also purchased a Vaja case and can use it with the BSE. Enjoy.

10-26-07 11:14 PM
    First off (I've had my 8830 for a little over 2 months, so I know what a BB Newbie is going through)

You Must. MUST MUST MUST MUST get some type of screen protector. I was devistated and horrified, after only 2 weeks of putting 2 rather large scratches on the screen from doing nothing but everyday things.

I suggest the Cleartouch Crystal Screens from Boxwave.com.

I had very low expectations for this product and I can't tell you how pleasantly surprised I was.

1st off, the moment I put it on, it completely hid the 2 scratches I had already made. I don't mean that it made them less noticible...I mean they totally vanished from existence!

the 2nd "winning point" with these is that after another 6 weeks of rough and tumble usage. drops, etc...the Cleartouch Crystal Screen hasn't scratched a single bit.

Why doesn't BB just make the screens from the same material as the Cleartouch in the first place? Instead of the hot butter they use that gets scratched so easily. Anyhoo...

Next I wanted a low profile, inexpensive, easy to put-on-take-off case and I chose the Flexiskin. I've been very pleased with it. The texture is cool and my biggest fear (of it being too flimsy or of tearing easily) seems unfounded. My only complaint (and it's not much of a complaint, more of a comment) is that it is a magnet for lint. Pull it out of your pocket or pick it up off a dusty table and you have a wooley mammoth in your hand.

Other than that, I'd highly recommend it for its affordability, ease of use, and low profile.

I just drop my BB in my cargo pants pocket and take off.

tdg
    10-27-07 10:15 AM
    I absolutely LOVE my Otterbox. Probably one of the best model-specific case I have ever used.
    10-27-07 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD