I'm thinking about getting the otterbox, but I'm not positive that I'll be okay with the bulkiness.
    09-07-10 08:48 AM
    OEM holster from CB......OEM pocket case when they finally drop.
    09-07-10 09:53 AM
    I'm using the 9700 case for now until my new torch case comes in.
    09-07-10 10:26 AM
    I was just gifted the Otterbox this morning by a colleague who no longer wanted it ... I'm not sure bulky is the best word for it -- it is that to an extent, I suppose, but the device feels heavier now for some reason -- an "illusion" of feel, I guess. It makes it feel like a solid -- and slippery -- black brick. I'm not sure I like it, particularly since it shuts me out from easy access to the charging pod, but we'll see.
    09-07-10 12:05 PM
    im using the 9700 case as well until canada gets the torch dont want to pay shiping and handling
    09-07-10 12:09 PM
    I use the Case Mate Barely There. Overall, not bulky for a case and I like the look. That said, I may switch to a body shield (Ghost Armor or some such) as I just don't like the bulk of a case, period.
    09-07-10 01:11 PM
    I have the Otterbox. I tried a few Casemates on it at the AT&T store and one of the cases actually fell apart while I was checking it out. It was the little tab part that goes underneath the top part of the phone. Oops. I wasn't a fan of the bulkiness of the Otterbox at first, but I guess I just got used to it. I have a friend with the Torch minus a case and I notice that it's almost too thin for me without the Otterbox. Strange. But anyway. I don't put my phone in my pocket, so the bulk doesn't bother me.
    09-07-10 01:59 PM
    kind of at a cross roads. I want the otterbox case with some sort of a holster. Living in canada I don't know whether I should wait out the next couple of weeks or just get my friend to ship it from the states (he'll purchase it from at and t).

I've lasted a week and ahalf without a scratch, but i mean, another 3 weeks. AHHHHHHHHH lol
    09-07-10 02:08 PM
    kind of at a cross roads. I want the otterbox case with some sort of a holster. Living in canada I don't know whether I should wait out the next couple of weeks or just get my friend to ship it from the states (he'll purchase it from at and t).

I've lasted a week and ahalf without a scratch, but i mean, another 3 weeks. AHHHHHHHHH lol

I saw on another thread that someone had their Otterbox in a bold 9000 clip and it worked fine. I was trying to find one at Best Buy to see if it actually fits. But anyway, just FYI. Maybe you can find that thread.
    09-07-10 02:11 PM
    I tried my 9700 case. I didn't like how it did not sleep in that case. I also tried my old bold 9000 case. I had the same problem with putting it to sleep. They all fit correctly, but my device kept turning on. I finely found a cheep case on the clearance display at the AT&T store. It was only $5.00, so I bought 2. It fits perfect and the magnet is in the right place to put the Torch to sleep. SCORED! It looks like and old curve case. It is leather and has a long thinner flap over the top, no stitching what so ever.
    09-08-10 03:12 AM
    that's weird.......my old 9700 case is putting my device to sleep....my battery life has increased a bit over the last couple of days since I stopped using the otterbox.
    09-08-10 03:25 AM
    I tried my 9700 case. I didn't like how it did not sleep in that case. I also tried my old bold 9000 case. I had the same problem with putting it to sleep. They all fit correctly, but my device kept turning on. I finely found a cheep case on the clearance display at the AT&T store. It was only $5.00, so I bought 2. It fits perfect and the magnet is in the right place to put the Torch to sleep. SCORED! It looks like and old curve case. It is leather and has a long thinner flap over the top, no stitching what so ever.
    Wow, ya can't beat that. Definitely a good heads-up! Looks pretty decent too.
    09-08-10 04:59 AM
    I saw on another thread that someone had their Otterbox in a bold 9000 clip and it worked fine. I was trying to find one at Best Buy to see if it actually fits. But anyway, just FYI. Maybe you can find that thread.
    The Otterbox is too tight of a fit in my OEM 9000 holster -- although it might work if I stretch it out a bit -- but I think you're referring to xandermac getting a different 9000 holster at Best Buy, which is apparently larger. Actually, it's got to be larger for it to fit. The Otterbox makes the Torch a few millimeters taller and wider than the 9000, believe it or not (and definitely a lot deeper/thicker).
    09-08-10 07:39 AM
    I tried my 9700 case. I didn't like how it did not sleep in that case. I also tried my old bold 9000 case. I had the same problem with putting it to sleep.
    Odd, my OEM 9000 case does put the Torch to sleep. It's a little loose, though (this is w/o the Otterbox), but it's still secure enough to function as intended.
    09-08-10 07:47 AM
    Odd, my OEM 9000 case does put the Torch to sleep. It's a little loose, though (this is w/o the Otterbox), but it's still secure enough to function as intended.
    Yep, same here. Using the OEM 9000 leather holster and it works fine and puts it to sleep just fine, too, though it is a tad loose. I tried a couple of the body cases (Otterbox, etc.) in the AT&T store, and they made the fit almost perfect in the 9000 holster.
    09-08-10 08:02 AM
    I use the Case Mate Barely There. Overall, not bulky for a case and I like the look. That said, I may switch to a body shield (Ghost Armor or some such) as I just don't like the bulk of a case, period.
    I used the Otterbox for a couple weeks. Really liked it @ first. Was really slippery and hard to hold onto so I put some cheap, discontinued Invisible Shield screen protector on it. That took care of the "slippery" part but it was way too bulky in my pocket, for my taste.
    Went w/the Invisible Shield full body Maximum. Loved the slim, sticky form factor but it's pealing off already.
    Ordered a Case Mate Barely There/Mobi knock off from WireFly which should arrive tomorrow.
    I'm hoping my "case search" is over now. Maybe I can stop "obsessing" over this thing now and get my life back.

P.S.-Loving this device. This is my 5th BB and IMHO, without a doubt, the bast BB to date. I have never NOT been able to do what I need to do with it.
    This includes digging deep into web pages I needed to "on the fly" on job sites. Good job RIM, Can't wait to see what the future has in store.
    09-08-10 08:07 AM
    I used the Otterbox for a couple weeks. Really liked it @ first. Was really slippery and hard to hold onto so I put some cheap, discontinued Invisible Shield screen protector on it. That took care of the "slippery" part but it was way too bulky in my pocket, for my taste.
    Went w/the Invisible Shield full body Maximum. Loved the slim, sticky form factor but it's pealing off already.
    Ordered a Case Mate Barely There/Mobi knock off from WireFly which should arrive tomorrow.
    I'm hoping my "case search" is over now. Maybe I can stop "obsessing" over this thing now and get my life back.

P.S.-Loving this device. This is my 5th BB and IMHO, without a doubt, the bast BB to date. I have never NOT been able to do what I need to do with it.
    This includes digging deep into web pages I needed to "on the fly" on job sites. Good job RIM, Can't wait to see what the future has in store.
    I can live with the bulkiness of the Otterbox but the slipperiness is a real problem. It's almost like you're glad you have an Otterbox to protect the Torch from slipping out of your hand because with an Otterbox, it's almost guaranteed to slip out of your hand.

I'm not sure a screen protector would be the best looking thing on the back. Someone had mentioned getting egrips for the back but egrips ain't cheap. There has to be a way to make the back of the Otterbox less slippery without making it look like you have cellophane tape stuck on the back.
    09-08-10 08:31 AM
    I can live with the bulkiness of the Otterbox but the slipperiness is a real problem. It's almost like you're glad you have an Otterbox to protect the Torch from slipping out of your hand because with an Otterbox, it's almost guaranteed to slip out of your hand.

I'm not sure a screen protector would be the best looking thing on the back. Someone had mentioned getting egrips for the back but egrips ain't cheap. There has to be a way to make the back of the Otterbox less slippery without making it look like you have cellophane tape stuck on the back.
    The Inv.Shld. on the OtterBox deff didn't win any cosmetic awards, but worked well. I'm a contractor and in my environment, the trades on my job sites don't look @ cosmetics, they just see what you can do w/it.
    Off Topic (sorry):
    Was in a meeting w/an engineer yesterday and looked up a detail, on line, standing on a job site. Dude's detail wasn't correct and the only way to prove that was to break onto a web page and dig deep.
    We found the "discrepancy", and fixed it. Dude whippet out his "media device" and said he was actually waiting for an email that would have told him what I just looked up on line. Imagine that
    Haha.....I won a Quad Latte' out of that.
    09-08-10 08:54 AM
    im using the 9700 case as well until canada gets the torch dont want to pay shiping and handling
    How well does the torch fit in the 9700 case? I love my combo now with my 9700. I can fit my 9700 in the leather case while the skin in on as well. I love it cause I don't have to remove the skin everytime I use the leather case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD