Hey guys I am wondering if you have any good, cheap case recommendations and/or links. I saw a silicon case for like 5 bucks on amazon... anyone have any pros/cons to that?
    07-19-09 04:49 PM
    I have no objections.. but I do have a question..

when you walk into a store and purchase a expensive device thats meant to last you 2 years..

why would you want to protect it in cheese...

I am not saying to spend 60 bucks on a case...

but I wouldn't go super super cheap either.
    07-19-09 04:52 PM
    I go with skins for every smartphone I've owned. They offer the slip-resistance that I need but don't add bulk to the device.

The CB store has a $10 skin - that's what I use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 04:54 PM
    Good point, although I'm probably jumping ship to an iphone in a year (1 year contract).. we'll see if I fall in love with BB or not.

I will be putting it in my pocket and don't want a pouch.

so the 10 dollar cases from CB are good? should I worry about protecting the screen?
    07-19-09 04:58 PM
    I went with the screen protector, the silicon sleeve/cover, and a belt holster that fit it a little snug with the silicon on. I figure it'll give just a bit in time and be perfect. Can't be too careful.
    07-19-09 04:58 PM
    Hey guys I am wondering if you have any good, cheap case recommendations and/or links. I saw a silicon case for like 5 bucks on amazon... anyone have any pros/cons to that?
    the only thing i would say is getting cases not from either verizon/sprint itself or blackberry you risk the not fitting correctly factor. if the case you're talking about is the 5 dollar OEM blackberry case--then get it! it's such a great case. if not, you may want to rethink random cheap brands!
    07-19-09 04:59 PM
    I have no objections.. but I do have a question..

when you walk into a store and purchase a expensive device thats meant to last you 2 years..

why would you want to protect it in cheese...

I am not saying to spend 60 bucks on a case...

but I wouldn't go super super cheap either.
    I don't know if this was directed at me, but I don't consider skins t be "cheese" or even cheesy. I'm very good about protecting my device at all times, and I find the skins are effective in providing the slip-resistance I need to keep it that way.

To each his own. If you were in construction or something strenuous, a harder case may be better for you.

$5 skin on amazon also. red oem blackberry.
    Last edited by the one and only M; 07-19-09 at 05:02 PM.
    I use the black version of this case (which I believe is the same one butcherbird is referring to). So far I like it. Provides good grip and not hard to get in and out of your pcket.
    07-19-09 05:04 PM
    Good point, although I'm probably jumping ship to an iphone in a year (1 year contract).. we'll see if I fall in love with BB or not.

I will be putting it in my pocket and don't want a pouch.

so the 10 dollar cases from CB are good? should I worry about protecting the screen?
    I leave my Berry in my pocket, too. So, the thin skin works perfectly.

I tried the screen protectors - didn't like them. Been fine without them for over a year now. No damage.

Your mileage may vary depending on how clumsy you are. Hehehe

07-19-09 05:04 PM
    Has anyone tried:
    Snap on Cover
    or
    Silicon Cover from VZW

Does CB charge shipping b/ I get 20% off accessories so it would be easier to just pick these up from the VZW store
    07-19-09 05:05 PM
    I use a pink silicon one that I got off e-bay for under $4.
    07-19-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD