02-02-10 10:15 AM
36 12
tools
    I'm looking for a new case, and I'm wondering whether I should get the Seidio hard case from the ATT store, or the leather pocket from the CB store, any advice?
    01-26-10 03:33 PM
    Otterbox Defender for the win... go big or go home...

i'd go with a the Otterbox communter if you don't like the size of the defender...

personally....

but it's up to you, but i don't like pouches

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 03:39 PM
    epik resin
    01-26-10 03:39 PM
    epik resin. just think when you have to do a battery pull how much fun it will be to take off an otterbox depending on which one it is
    01-26-10 03:46 PM
    epik resin case is the best case i have used for the 9700 so far.
    01-26-10 03:55 PM
    Otterbox Defender for maximum protection. The keyboard membrain is molded and you don't even know it's there, I was most impressed with it. The protection for the screen and camera lens and flash is crystal clear, no problems with pictures or the flash. I like the sleak slim feel of the naked Bold 9700 but I'm quite comfortable with my baby in the the defender when I go out and about.
    Another for Epik Resin case...
    looking for a decent case for the 9700 also, at the moment i have the standard blackberry holster that comes with the phone.

have heard great things about the otterbox range. one thing my case has to do though will to be the ability to cover a small (but deep) scratch on the top left of the handset and running slightly over to the silver panel on the side, hopefully the otterbox can do that.
    01-26-10 03:57 PM
    epik resin. just think when you have to do a battery pull how much fun it will be to take off an otterbox depending on which one it is
    That made my day lmao. +1
    01-26-10 04:26 PM
    couple things
    1) i don't do battery pulls with the 9700 .442
    2) i'm sorry that your phone needs them.
    3) when it comes to protection ... OB Defender > everything else

01-26-10 04:29 PM
    I currently use a otterbox defender but also own the otterbox impact series case
    01-26-10 04:38 PM
    I have the Otterbox Defender on my 9700 and more than pleased with it. I was afraid it was going to be too big but it didn't turn out to be big really. The protection is amazing and the cover over the screen and keyboard is great and clear, was easy to put on. If there's anything I dislike about it it's the fact that it's a dust magnet being made out of a rubbery material but I can live with that.
    01-26-10 04:49 PM
    Why not use the case that came with the phone? Its a nice holder case, it protects the device, you don't have to put it in your pocket, and it preserves battery life. Plus, its free. That's what I use, and I don't have any scratches or dings on my device. Even more, I can take my device out of the holster and enjoy my new device in its intended state. I also like the leather sleeves. Those are very sleek and professional looking.

01-26-10 04:56 PM
    I'm not at all a case guy... hate them usually in fact... but with my new 9700, I started using the bundled OE leather case... and actually like it a lot... when using the device, it's case free, but back it goes when not in use for protection.... the leather is quite nice too...
    01-26-10 05:02 PM
    are we talking cases or holsters? I use the OEM BB holster, and either the barely there casemate (at home) or the Seidio 360 when I go out.
    01-26-10 05:03 PM
    Why not use the case that came with the phone? Its a nice holder case, it protects the device, you don't have to put it in your pocket, and it preserves battery life. Plus, its free. That's what I use, and I don't have any scratches or dings on my device. Even more, I can take my device out of the holster and enjoy my new device in its intended state. I also like the leather sleeves. Those are very sleek and professional looking.

I personally and i know a lot of people will agree, don't want to have their phone attached to their hip throughout the entire day. I'd much rather have my phone in my pocket when i'm in casual attire. When i'm at work with my shirt tucked in then i'll use my OEM holster w/ the epik resin case on it since it still slides in and out easily (that's what she said). It's just there to help prevent scratches and what not from everyday use, it sure as **** wouldn't protect it if i were to drop it from 5 feet in the air.
    01-26-10 05:04 PM
    Ordered a Otterbox Defender. Loved it on the 9000. I am supposed to get tomorrow.
    01-26-10 05:04 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/ot...9700-a-409833/

that will help you picture why i needed something more

01-26-10 05:36 PM
    I'm liking my seido innocase II. I thought it would be bulkier but its pretty thin. Also makes it easier to hold the phone(better grip)

01-26-10 06:10 PM
    black epik case
    01-26-10 10:58 PM
    I've used the OEM skin, a couple of Epik cases and now I'm using the Otterbox Commuter. I really like the Commuter its a great case.

01-27-10 12:44 AM
    I am currently using the iFrogz case available through ATT. Its pretty nice pieces slide together and lock with the circle on the back part. No issues with it yet. I recommend for sure.

iFrogz Blue Luxe case - BlackBerry Bold 9700 - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T
    01-27-10 01:54 AM
    I second mullenbooger... I got the Seidio Innocase II and I really like it. I was a bit worried about it being bulky, but that wasn't the case and was glad. I also bought the Seidio holster to go along with it as a package from the CrackBerry Store. So, I'm pretty please with it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. But at the same time, I'd love to try other cases to for the heck of it...

I took some detailed pictures of the case and holster on my blog at Communicating Ideas as well as a somewhat small review. As we all know, we can never have too many photos to help others my their decision...
    01-27-10 02:30 AM
    Wow you all spend a lot of money! I have a 3 dollar gel skin off ebay.
    01-27-10 02:33 AM
    Started with the OtterBox Commuter, but switched to the Monaco Aluminum case when it became available. I have always preferred Monaco cases since they also protect the screen. I only put it in a case when I'm out and about. At home and at work it comes out of the case.
    01-27-10 02:35 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD