I was looking at the Otterbox but aren't they pretty difficult to get off when you have to remove the battery? Also, do you recommend the film that goes over the plastic?
    05-27-10 03:10 PM
    www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.

No question. $8 or so shipped, works as good as anything else, looks sleek, doesn't bulk the phone.

The one negative is removing it isn't terribly easy. But I pretty much never had to remove the battery on my 8530 so no issue for me.

Otterbox Impact is pretty good too and is easy to remove. Doesn't look as nice though, but protects a bit better.
    05-27-10 03:13 PM
    Also if you end up being interested in the Otterbox impact I will sell mine for much cheaper. Doesn't include the screen protector, but you can order one of those for like $1-2.
    05-27-10 03:19 PM
    I reccommend an epik case. I got mine for about $3 with shipping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 03:39 PM
    i got a body glove and really like it. i use an invisible shield on the screen
    05-27-10 04:12 PM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter case and really like it. Doesn't bulk up the phone too much IMO. Not hard to remove if a battery pull is needed. Offers great protection to the phone and came with a screen protector.
    05-27-10 04:46 PM
    www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.

No question. $8 or so shipped, works as good as anything else, looks sleek, doesn't bulk the phone.

The one negative is removing it isn't terribly easy. But I pretty much never had to remove the battery on my 8530 so no issue for me.

Otterbox Impact is pretty good too and is easy to remove. Doesn't look as nice though, but protects a bit better.
    Hands down best cases out there! Cheap, good looking and very durable. Highly recommend them. And for any battery pull needs just download Quickpull! Much easier than a physical battery pull everytime.

05-27-10 05:45 PM
    Well usually a physical battery pull means the device is locked up anyways =P.
    05-27-10 06:48 PM
    I have a 2 gel, not silicone case that I got off of ebay. Does the job, adds hardly any bulk to the device and is hardly noticeable

05-27-10 06:50 PM
    I use the "Body Glove" works great for me and not bulky.
    05-27-10 07:55 PM
    I love the silicone cases, personally. I don't really like hard cases because they make my phone twice as big. I really love silicone cases.
    05-27-10 09:25 PM
    +1 for the Epik case. I have owned a lot of cases for many different BB's and the Epik case is hands down my Favorite. I use the Epik case with the Seido innocase holster. This combo provides great protection without the added bulk.

05-27-10 09:45 PM
    What's the feel like on the Epik? I've been thinking of ordering one but I hate buying things I haven't actually seen before. Are they super rubbery like the gel cases, or a firmer texture?
    I want something solid-feeling, but not a hard case. Somewhere in between I guess.

05-27-10 10:22 PM
    What's the feel like on the Epik? I've been thinking of ordering one but I hate buying things I haven't actually seen before. Are they super rubbery like the gel cases, or a firmer texture?
    I want something solid-feeling, but not a hard case. Somewhere in between I guess.

They are not rubbery like the gel cases. The Epik case is smooth and feels solid, similar to a hard case, but flexible. The case fits very snug. It doesn't move around on the phone or collect dust like a gel case.

05-27-10 10:33 PM
    Hey Sickboy. This is a very good review of the Epik case on you tube. It is for the Tour, but it shows the overall design of the case very well.

YouTube - Epik Soft Crystal Gel Case for BlackBerry Tour 9630 Review

05-27-10 10:46 PM
    Hey thanks. I'll check out that video.

I had looked at a few skin type cases before, but slipping my phone in an oversized Trojan didn't appeal to me.

I really like the look of the Epik though.
    05-27-10 10:53 PM
    You're welcome. That video was done by one of our fellow CrackBerry members. it should help you decide if this is the type of case might be interested in.

05-27-10 11:00 PM
    Wish I new about the epik case before. I owuld have tried it out and may still for the wife's BB. I use the case-mate hybrid which has a silicon sleeve and a hard backing that covers the sleeve. The sleeve is thinned out around the back of the device and it doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all. It comes with a screen protector and the sleeve covers all of the ports which has been nice.

So, overall I have thoroughly enjoyed the case-mate hybrid.

Mix & Match - Customize Your BlackBerry Curve 8520 / 8530 Hybrid Tough Case With Multiple Colors by Case-mate
    05-28-10 10:21 AM
    My screen is already scratched, just got a case from sprint for $20 after military discount 2wks ago and its already broke, need advice on which case to get... Pls

05-28-10 11:13 AM
    I originally purchased a Decalgirl skin but didnt like the way the skin looked on the front of my 8530 and ended up removing the front decals.

After reading all the great reviews about the Epik cases I purchases a clear pro and combined with the back skin and the costume wallpaper from Decalgirl I have a really unique looking phone

I love the Epik case..it feels like a hard case when its on your blackberry and smooth not like a gel case at all.
    05-28-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD