08-20-10 02:33 AM
38 12
tools
    That, my friend, is a bit too girlie for me -- looks like a little purse. Return it now!
    ha ha ha!
    the one i have has all black stitching..
    so a little less feminine i guess.

i'm waiting for the storm OEM pouch from E bay..
    but im really not sure if the fit would be good.
    08-13-10 07:42 AM
    I got the Otterbox Commuter, nice case, good snug fit without adding much weight, or thickness. I like the rubber over the micro USB port to protect from water. Also, I hope it helps with accidental lock button pushes.
    I got it too. Good protection but slick as h*ll. I'm gonna go get an Invisibleshield screen protector and put it on the OB. Reduce the "slip out of your hand" factor!!!
    08-13-10 07:57 AM
    The Storm OEM cases may well be the best fit for now, based on the official dimension specs below. I may well just end up waiting for whatever comes out for the Torch itself and go commando in the interim.

BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Height: 4.37 inches (111mm)
    Width: 2.44 inches (62mm)
    Depth: 0.57 inches (14.6mm)

BlackBerry Storm2
    Height: 4.43 inches (112.5 mm)
    Width: 2.45 inches (62.2 mm)
    Depth: 0.55 inches (13.95 mm)

BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Height: 4.43 inches (112mm)
    Width: 2.4 inches (62mm)
    Depth: 0.56 inches (14mm)

BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Height: 4.29 inches (109mm)
    Width: 2.36 inches (60mm)
    Depth: 0.56 inches (14mm)

BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Height: 4.48 inches (114mm)
    Width: 2.6 inches (66mm)
    Depth: 0.59 inches (15mm)
    08-13-10 07:58 AM
    Hmm..Personally, I can't do a clip on case. My berry rides in my rt. front pocket. Every time I see a device case, the first thing that pops into my head is the bud lite commercial: Real men of genius-Mr. cell phone holder wearer!!!!
    Can't do it, man.....just can't do it.
    08-13-10 08:05 AM
    BTW, anyone looking for a cheap quick fix leather pocket, the OEM synthetic leather pocket for the Storm (which should fit the best) is going for $1.93 plus $3.99 shipping on Amazon:

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Synthetic Leather Pocket for BlackBerry Storm 9500, 9530: Cell Phones & Service

I'm not a big fan of leatherette, though, but it might be worth it to blow the less than $6 it would cost just for the short term.
    08-13-10 08:07 AM
    Hmm..Personally, I can't do a clip on case. My berry rides in my rt. front pocket. Every time I see a device case, the first thing that pops into my head is the bud lite commercial: Real men of genius-Mr. cell phone holder wearer!!!!
    Can't do it, man.....just can't do it.
    Those are the belt clip holsters, which I only use clipped to the waistband of my very manly gym shorts (t-shirt not tucked in, of course). The leather pockets/slip cases are definitely less geeky.
    08-13-10 08:10 AM
    Found a problem
    My torch fits perfect in my old tour case but the magnet is placed to high & actually wakes the phone up when I slide it in
    The magnet has to be located almost exactly in the middle of the phone to work right
    08-13-10 09:26 AM
    I'd like to buy this case on ebay here is the item number 220651641412 and wondering if the description is truthful about putting this phone to sleep?
    The company/user has a really good rating and free shipping??!! Why not for 6 bucks! Get it and let us know! I may even get one
    08-13-10 09:32 AM
    Found a problem
    My torch fits perfect in my old tour case but the magnet is placed to high & actually wakes the phone up when I slide it in
    The magnet has to be located almost exactly in the middle of the phone to work right
    I am in the habit of hitting the lock button on the top of the phone and found that because of the configuration of the Torch I am hitting the button again as i slide it into my 9700 case. I am trying to be more careful now and it seems to have helped.
    08-13-10 09:34 AM
    I am in the habit of hitting the lock button on the top of the phone and found that because of the configuration of the Torch I am hitting the button again as i slide it into my 9700 case. I am trying to be more careful now and it seems to have helped.
    I know what you mean the lock button is sensitive but as you slide the phone in the case if the screen is on the magnet turns the screen off & then on again.
    If the screen is locked it turns it on & it stays that way
    You have to hit the lock button after the phone is in the case
    The magnet in the case has to be in the center of the phone when its all the way in the case to work right
    Im mentioning this so if people are using their old BB cases they know the phone isnt being put in sleep mode as usual
    Take the magnet on the flap & slide it up from the bottom to the top of the phone with it locked & on you will see what I mean
    08-13-10 10:29 AM
    Amazon.com: Original OEM Carrying Lambskin Leather Pouch Case with Clip…

'lambskin' (or at least so they say) - $6.89 free shipping. i actually often use these in my pants pocket turned around with the clip on the outside for extra safety. had an issue once with the oem sleeve without the clip where my pants pocket got wet, liquid seeped down from the top inside and moisture got in my javelin and f'd up all the buttons. ended up buying a new mid-board and ish.

since then i feel a lot safer with it on my belt, swivel turned horizontally
    08-13-10 11:14 AM
    Just bought it, will let you know when it arrives if it actually puts it to sleep.

The company/user has a really good rating and free shipping??!! Why not for 6 bucks! Get it and let us know! I may even get one
    08-13-10 11:40 AM
    oK case arrived today but it does not work as the seller describes.
    When the phone slides through the case midway it does fall asleep but as it continues into tHe case it awakes. I fgured for $5 I just hit lock once its in the holster. Not sure if anyone else bought it but see positive feedback for this
    holster.it will work for the meantime until more money becomes available.

I just went on ebay and saw an oem case for that fits the storm, storm2 and says it will fit the torch. It is $5 compared to $30 in store. Any ideas?
    08-20-10 02:33 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD