Hello people, this is my first time posting because I am a new member!

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was of the best microsd card to buy was and the size. I am not looking for something too big, maybe 2gb, but I was just curious as to which brands perform the best and are the most reliable.
    06-05-08 08:53 PM
    Im not sure which brands are the best but I dont download music or videos so I have a 1 gb for pics.
    06-05-08 08:55 PM
    Hi and welcome. I have a 6 GB. No Problem with my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 09:03 PM
    I have a 4 gig sandisk works great. Got it on sale 29.99. U do have to have the updated os for an sdhc card.
    06-05-08 09:15 PM
    Check out Amazon.com if you'd like. I just bought a 4gig for around $20 (including shipping). Best of Luck!
    06-05-08 09:17 PM
    4gig here on a 8830we... Works great...

I'd probably stick with a name brand I guess and not a Hong Kong Ebay special.

Best size is what you need and what you'd like to spend.
    06-05-08 09:59 PM
    Always buy the biggest card you can afford. You will always find more pics, music, or videos to store. Here is the RIM table showing which size is supported in each version of the OS.
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 06-05-08 at 10:10 PM.
    06-05-08 10:07 PM
    Sandisk and Kingston are trusted brands in microSD cards. Just get the amount of memory you think is necessary to store your media.

06-05-08 11:56 PM
    i have a sandisk 2gb works great for me
    06-06-08 12:06 AM
    I think that it is safe to say the more the memory you have the more you will fill up your BB. Look at your computer Hard Drive, is it passed 80% if so then you like to have alot of stuff so go big. If you are someone that doesnt use it quite as much, go 2 GB usually around $15... thats just my opinion. I got 4GB plan for 8 as soon as they become reasonable...
    06-06-08 12:17 AM
    I got a 8gig and with the new Verizon OS upgrade, I was finally able to use it the other day.

They are good for the obvious media like mp3 tunes and movies but I also just found that using MediaPlayer's Explore function you can look at plain TXT files stored on the card. So you could place simply formatted documents for review and/or storage on the card, too.

My suggestion, get larger than you think you might need. The cards are so tiny, that if you ever do decide you need more space, the tiny size would make them very easy to misplace or lose. Verizon had given my a 1gig when I purchased the phone but I never use it as I don't want to deal with swapping those tiny cards and have to carry more than one around. Besides, my 8830 is inside an otterbox and swapping anything inside the case (including battery pulls) is a hassle.
    06-06-08 11:13 AM
    Agree completely. My 6GB Sandisk lives in the Curve and the 1GB card Sprint gave me lives in the card reader for mobile file transfers.

06-06-08 11:28 AM
    go for the biggest your os will support. for me since i have an 8120 i went straight for the 8 gig, and got the cheapest one i saw on newegg (some generic one, $50 at the time). ive only managed to fill it about halfway so far, and thats all music as I use my bb as a media player for most of the day at work.
    06-06-08 12:42 PM
    I would say Lexar & SanDisk are your best choices for quality cards. Kingston in my experience with desktop memory hasn't been the best and I am willing to pay a few dollars more to get a better quality card.

You also need to look at the memory vs OS chart to make sure you don't buy a card that is larger than your device's OS will support or that your device won't support the next OS update for higher memory cards.
    06-06-08 09:05 PM