07-25-09 01:41 PM
48 12
tools
    Hey All,

Ive been searching the forums looking for some advice on buying a case for my storm. I am looking for something that is thin, protective but still slides in and out of the pocket easily. Ive tried the soft cases from verizon and liked them except for not being able to slide it into your pocket very easily. If there is a post about this already please point me in the right direction, but if not give me your opinions. Thanks in advance.
    05-07-09 01:08 PM
    incipio feather is probably what you are looking for, search that here, there are review thread(s)
    05-07-09 01:11 PM
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

I like these, it wont slide into all pockets but certainly adds a small bit of protection without high cost and keeps the storms size reasonable
    05-07-09 01:11 PM
    I'm using zaggs invisible shield and I love it. Free lifetime replacements, about 25$ and looks nice if u take ur time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 01:21 PM
    yesterday I dropped my storm in 3" of rain water for 5 seconds getn outta my car and besides a lil flickering with the keyboard the storm still runs like a champ n when i pulled the battery out the whole inside of the phone was bone dry.I know its a lil bulky but damn,it definatly works.with any other case I woulda been screwed outta a phone till I got my replacement.but now i can still use my phone while i wait for new one.lol

oh n did i bring up that the mic n speaker still work perfect too? I can still talk! lmao otterbox 110%
    05-07-09 01:26 PM
    Innocase II or the Incipio Feather. Both are 1mm thick and won't stick to your pocket while attracting lint like those silicone cases. The Innocase II is in two pieces sliding into one another, while the Incipio is one piece. The Innocase II is a tad bit more expensive (well worth the investment though) costing $35, and the Incipio is $20 AND comes with two screen protectors. I already had the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard so I didn't need another screen protector so I went with the Innocase II and so far I have no complaints! =) The charger port hole on the Incipio is a little over sized but that may not be a flaw. But whatever you choose to get, get yourself a copy of either QuickPull or MeterBerry to perform your soft resets.
    05-07-09 01:35 PM
    I have two cases for my storm, I have a otterbox defender and case mate skin. For day to day I use my otterbox or if I am going out. But if I am going to a client meeting I use the case mate so that it I can put it in my suite pocket.

The otterbox really protects your phone and does not impede the storm function. It does fit my coat pocket. Just make sure you get the the ver 2

The case mate does a good job as well. Less protection granted but it slimmer.

I won't go for the innocase hybrid , I have that as well but I dropped it (with my storm) and it is done for. I don't mind if the case being scratched and all but it split open the crystal part is broken which should not happen.
    05-07-09 01:39 PM
    Incipio Feather!
    05-07-09 01:48 PM
    I love my Innocase II. It offers excellent protection, great looks, easy to take off for battery pulls, feels great (kind of like the rubber on the sides of the storm) very light and thin. Works great in the pocket and has great all around fit and finish. Well worth the cost IMO.

05-07-09 02:07 PM
    Feather Or Otterbox !!!
    05-07-09 02:10 PM
    i have to silicone case and it works fine. If you want the most secure case, get the otterbox
    05-07-09 02:23 PM

I like these, it wont slide into all pockets but certainly adds a small bit of protection without high cost and keeps the storms size reasonable
    this is the case that I've been using. However, it broke last week, ripped near the headphone jack hole. Plus, it is a pain in the *** getting it in and out of pockets and when you do get it out of your pocket, anything else in there is coming out too. Lasted about 4 months.
    05-07-09 02:29 PM
    I use the innocase II, so far it seems really really nice, doesn't add hardly any thickness to the phone and the black version gives the storm a really slick blacked out look.
    05-07-09 03:20 PM
    OtterBox for me. Love the protection.

Grey
    05-07-09 05:23 PM
    Incipio feather.

05-07-09 06:17 PM
    Innocase II... I love it!
    05-07-09 06:49 PM
    Case-Mate SmartSkin IMO. I've had my fair share. It's not perfect, it will wear out with time, but its the best I've used hands down. But it may not be for you because it is difficult to slide into and out of your pocket.

-Cyrus
    05-07-09 07:10 PM
    I'm looking into getting this one:
    2-Tone Pleather Shield Protector Case for BlackBerry Storm 9530 9500 Thunder, Black/Blue - BlackBerry Storm Shield Protector Cases (BlackBerry 9530)

It looks like it protects from dust, which is my biggest issue.. Although I think I read somewhere that it's too tight and makes the screen unclickable..?
    05-07-09 07:58 PM
    Best without adding any bulk to your storm would be the invisible shield. I have it on my storm and I love it.

05-07-09 08:10 PM
    i like the clip, it looks more professional
    05-07-09 08:13 PM
    Another vote for a Seidio Innocase. I actually like the Verizon silicone sleeve a bit better, but the Innocase lets me use a bunch of other Seidio accessories that the Verizon case didn't offer. I've got the extended battery, the cradle (which should work with the Verizon case) and a holster that all work nicely together. And all from the Crackberry store.
    05-07-09 08:19 PM
    I am a big fan of Seidio and had the Innocase for my Curve and went with one for my Storm as well and love it. Highly recommend!
    05-07-09 08:31 PM
    Tried several, verizon, seidio, but the Incipio Feather is the best
    05-07-09 09:27 PM
    I'm using zaggs invisible shield and I love it. Free lifetime replacements, about 25$ and looks nice if u take ur time.

I'm with him...I have one too and I love mine

05-07-09 09:34 PM
    Incipio Feather
    05-07-09 09:39 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD