11-24-08 09:46 PM
153 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I've already ordered the Jabra BT3030 (Bluetooth stereo receiver which you can plug in a 3.5mm headphone jack... or my Car input, home stereo input... I like versatility).

I plan on ordering a ZAGG Invisible Shield once I know I'm going to keep the phone. Not too sure about anything else yet...
    11-14-08 12:34 AM
    Here is my list

Car Charger
    case of some sort not sure which.
    possibly a docking station I am still not sure if I need this or not I want it but its not necessarily a necessity
    Probably a bigger battery
    I need a bluetooth but im not sure what one to get yet either (state law changed we need handsfree while driving)

There may be more but I have been so concerned about the phone itself that I didn't sit down and think about it much.

(is it just me or did a ton of you not mention a car charger you must all already have one haha)
    11-14-08 12:49 AM
    As to the games, sounds awesome, but I'd have to see it first. How have they developed such sophisticated software for a device not yet released?
    as i understand the sdk was out a while back? along with the simulator thats how they develop software =) The simulator simulates exactly how the device reacts so thats how they test it.
    11-14-08 12:53 AM
    I have a sat nav in the car and that uses a mini usb.

I'm gonna go with out protection for a few days see how I get on then make any adjustments. Ie skin, screen protector, hard case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 01:08 AM
    For those going to MSGDigital for the charging pod.
    The HBURGE coupon can only be applied to 30 or more. So if you're like me and only want to buy the cradle itself just go to
    BlackBerry Storm 9530 Charging Pod - Original (OEM) ASY-14396-008

and use the coupon code "springdeal" (15% off)

Brings your total after Ground shipping (3.95) to 29.41
    11-14-08 03:43 AM
    Already ordered/pre-ordered

11-14-08 07:49 AM
    11-14-08 07:51 AM
    I bought my invisible shield already. I might wait on the cradle until someone creates one which allows you to charge the phone. I am sure there will be a few out after release.
    11-14-08 08:16 AM
    Already ordered/pre-ordered

Where did you order the side leather case for Storm?
    11-14-08 08:30 AM
    11-14-08 10:32 AM
    Charging Pod does NOT sync

This is listed in the site previously mentioned for the docking cradle. If this is true, doesn't that seem rather expensive for something just to place your phone it to use as an alarm clock? The docking cradle isn't necessary for charging.
    They don't sync, but they're nice to have, there's no plugging/unplugging to charge, plus being on call I need my BB on my nightstand anyway. It's a royal pain to answer when it's plugged in and charging at 2 AM., plus my alarm clock is getting long in the tooth and this setup looks pretty slick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I must be missing something...

BlackBerry Storm 9530, Thunder 9500 Charging Sync Pod / Stand (ASY-14396-008)

Product Specification:
    # Display your smartphone while recharging and syncing it
    # Connect a USB cable to the pod to transfer data, music, photos, and videos from your smartphone.
    # Sleek and stylish design is perfect for home or the office.
    Please Note: Does NOT include power supply - travel charger and vehicle power adapter, sold separately.

Charging Pod does sync files between from/to your smartphone and your computer.
    Last edited by The Boz; 11-14-08 at 10:56 AM.
    11-14-08 10:53 AM
    I must be missing something...

BlackBerry Storm 9530, Thunder 9500 Charging Sync Pod / Stand (ASY-14396-008)

Product Specification:
    # Display your smartphone while recharging and syncing it
    # Connect a USB cable to the pod to transfer data, music, photos, and videos from your smartphone.
    # Sleek and stylish design is perfect for home or the office.
    Please Note: Does NOT include power supply - travel charger and vehicle power adapter, sold separately.

Charging Pod does sync files between from/to your smartphone and your computer.
    Yes, it DOES sync/charge. It just does not include the wall charger (that you plug in the back of the cradle) which will cost you an extra ~$15 if you're buying the cradle for a separate location, like your desk at work, as I am.
    11-14-08 10:57 AM
    Hey I just ordered my IS and as always they give you two 20% off discount codes so here are mine for you guys to use (they're one time use so first come first serve but pay it forward!)

jv490d and str7pg

also here is a reusable 20% off code: iphoneinca if that code goes bad here is another one: techound1 i think one of them also has free shipping as part of the coupon code
    11-14-08 11:02 AM
    Yes, it DOES sync/charge. It just does not include the wall charger (that you plug in the back of the cradle) which will cost you an extra ~$15 if you're buying the cradle for a separate location, like your desk at work, as I am.

Don't forget if you buy from msgdigital and use code: HBURGE at checkout, you get 10% off, order has to be over $30....
    11-14-08 11:03 AM
    When i get my unlocked GSM Storm 9000, I'm getting a silicone sleeve.

Off topic, but does anyone know if there's a thing i can plug into my MP3 player to use it with my Stereo Bluetooth?
    11-14-08 01:37 PM
    Holster. That's it. Oh yeah, and a ton of software!
    11-14-08 01:43 PM
    BSE has a notify list for those looking to go thru them

RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    11-15-08 05:13 AM
    i talked to a rep on the phone and she said she had a RIM case available for the storm that had a belt clip and kept the phone in sleep mode when put into the case. i have that sort of case now for my curve but haven't seen it online or on verizon's site. does anyone have a link so i can take a look at it before i add that to my order? thank you
    11-15-08 10:00 AM
    i talked to a rep on the phone and she said she had a RIM case available for the storm that had a belt clip and kept the phone in sleep mode when put into the case. i have that sort of case now for my curve but haven't seen it online or on verizon's site. does anyone have a link so i can take a look at it before i add that to my order? thank you
    i saw original RIM case for Storm that will put it in sleep mode on msgdigital.com, search part # HDW-18969-001.

Sorry wasn't able to provide link.
    11-15-08 10:54 AM
    i saw original RIM case for Storm that will put it in sleep mode on msgdigital.com, search part # HDW-18969-001.

thank you!! odd it's not on vzn's site but yet it can be ordered.
    11-15-08 10:57 AM

Here you go, nice find.

RIM Storm case
    11-15-08 10:58 AM
    Here you go, nice find.

RIM Storm case
    there is also this one
    BlackBerry Horizontal Pouch w/ Belt Clip for Thunder 9500, Storm 9530 (Black) - MSGDigital
    11-15-08 11:21 AM
    I don't get it why would anyone get the invisashield if the bestskinever 3 times cheaper? Is one anybetter then the other. This might be a dumb question but I'm new to this whole thing.
    11-15-08 11:34 AM
    i think i like the horizontal case better, less "girth" if you're a female the verizon rep is adding 20% off accessories in case anyone wants to ask their rep while getting the phone instead of ordering it separately.
    11-15-08 12:00 PM
    I don't get it why would anyone get the invisashield if the bestskinever 3 times cheaper? Is one anybetter then the other. This might be a dumb question but I'm new to this whole thing.
    The Invisible Shield comes with a lifetime warranty and the application solution, not sure if Bestskins offers this.
    11-15-08 12:05 PM
153 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD