11-24-08 09:46 PM
153 1234 ...
tools
    Here is the official Verizon list:
    Can't really tell if i saw headphones in this pic...cuz the screen on my env is so f-ing small. So can someone concur?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 11:09 AM
    I know this is kind of hijacking your thread a little bit, but I just thought to ask: I preordered the IS, but will I be able to do a battery pull with that thing on?
    11-10-08 11:09 AM
    Ok well the invisible shield looks awesome. The question is that they only have the 9500 listed. This may be a stupid question but would it fit nicely on the Verizon version of the phone?
    11-10-08 11:16 AM
    Ok well the invisible shield looks awesome. The question is that they only have the 9500 listed. This may be a stupid question but would it fit nicely on the Verizon version of the phone?
    I asked that exact same question, and I believe it was CX that told me that they were the exact same size. My only question is whether it will allow me to do a battery pull
    11-10-08 11:21 AM
    everyone they have!
    im with him! i want everything they offer!
    11-10-08 11:24 AM
    Has anyone used a touch device like the iPhone with the IS on it? I watched a IS video and the guy poured water on the iPhone. But, when he peeled off the shield it seemed that there was a hole for where you put it to your ear so you can still hear. Wouldn't water get in there?

Second, what's anyone's take about whether the IS will add to the pressure required to actually "click" on the Storm's keys, making it slow to type? Any chance it will affect the sensitivity. Cuz the little blue light that moves around the screen before you "click" is kinda cool too.
    11-10-08 11:49 AM
    what is the FC?
    I also thought that in the pictures Kevin (ithink) showed us of unpacking that there was a dock station? I remember seeing that somewhere lol!! I need to find it now.

Flux capacitor, wave motion canon, alluvial dampener, tricorder, nanobot control module...

For starters.
    11-10-08 11:52 AM
    2nd picture down is the headphones!

Can't really tell if i saw headphones in this pic...cuz the screen on my env is so f-ing small. So can someone concur?

11-10-08 11:55 AM
    what is the FC?
    I also thought that in the pictures Kevin (ithink) showed us of unpacking that there was a dock station? I remember seeing that somewhere lol!! I need to find it now.
    Back To The Future........ Maybe we could use the time machine to see who really wanted RIM to make the Storm...Vodaphone or Verizon! Just kidding...Don't want to start anymore debates. Just had to say it though.
    11-10-08 11:57 AM
    Has anyone used a touch device like the iPhone with the IS on it? I watched a IS video and the guy poured water on the iPhone. But, when he peeled off the shield it seemed that there was a hole for where you put it to your ear so you can still hear. Wouldn't water get in there?

Second, what's anyone's take about whether the IS will add to the pressure required to actually "click" on the Storm's keys, making it slow to type? Any chance it will affect the sensitivity. Cuz the little blue light that moves around the screen before you "click" is kinda cool too.
    I am a current iPhone user (and future Storm owner and I am planning on pre-ordering an IS for it based on my iPhone experience. It is fantastic! Great protection (but not against water as it does include holes for buttons, etc.). It adds a nice feel to the glass and IMHO improves it.

FYI, I noticed at a local mall (in Portland, OR) Zagg has a kiosk setup and they will install for you if you want...

Hope this helps!
    11-10-08 11:58 AM
    Dock if it is not included. Otherwise nothing. I think a case really ruins the look of the phone.
    11-10-08 12:32 PM
    Can anybody speculate a pricetag on the dock? I know the iPhone's dock was $30 and it was a little white thing. Any idea for the Storm's?
    11-10-08 12:38 PM
    ^ Response.

According to this "leaked" info from Verizon, cradle is $30.

There's other accessory prices on the above link.

According to this "leaked" info from Blackberry, cradle is $50.
    11-10-08 12:53 PM
    A hard case of some sort, and the Invisible Shield. Have this on my iPhone and I love it! Hopefully it won't hinder the "click" at all. Can't wait!
    11-10-08 01:10 PM
    The rep I always deal with at my local Telus went to a BB training of the storm last week so I thought I'd give her a call and see what was coming in the box.

She told me that the docking station came with the storm and this is with Telus. not sure about VZW because well I don't live there lol!
    11-10-08 03:53 PM
    I have already ordered the InvisibleShield and leather carry case which I received today. Other than that:

Car Charger
    Additional Wall Charger for the office
    Docking Station

That's it. I am not a fan of blue tooth. I bought a $70 dollar Motorola set a year or so ago and hated it. The voice recognition was horrible and after about 20 minutes of wearing it, it became unbearable on my ear.
    11-10-08 04:11 PM
    if you don't mind me asking, when did you order your IS? I seen the full body ones on there as well, how long did it take to get it by mail. it was saying 6weeks.

I have already ordered the InvisibleShield and leather carry case which I received today. Other than that:

Car Charger
    Additional Wall Charger for the office
    Docking Station

That's it. I am not a fan of blue tooth. I bought a $70 dollar Motorola set a year or so ago and hated it. The voice recognition was horrible and after about 20 minutes of wearing it, it became unbearable on my ear.
    11-10-08 05:24 PM
    if you don't mind me asking, when did you order your IS? I seen the full body ones on there as well, how long did it take to get it by mail. it was saying 6weeks.
    What I meant to say is that I got my leather carrying case today. The IS is still being shipped to me. I ordered their free shipping and I thought it said it would take 1-2 weeks to ship, and this was last week. This is fine since most likely than not the Storm will(Hopefully) be out next week sometime
    11-10-08 06:17 PM
    what is the FC?
    The Flux Capacitor?! It's what makes time travel possible!! From Back to the Future. It was in the DeLorean.

Sorry, I'm a certified geek
    11-10-08 06:22 PM
    11-10-08 06:34 PM
    Huh. That is 20 dollars cheaper than Blackberry's official website. Think I'll grab it from this site. Thanks for the link.
    11-10-08 06:42 PM
    Quick question guys, would using motorola charger damage bb battery? I'm using motorola's car charger and wall charger at work. Thanks

11-11-08 04:13 AM
    Quick question guys, would using motorola charger damage bb battery? I'm using motorola's car charger and wall charger at work. Thanks

First off what device do you have?? Most Motorola's use a mini USB not micro like the storm will be using. However if you could get one to fit I would think it would work considering they are only USB charger's. One thing that has me curious though is while i was going through the tour earlier it said something about installing the software to be able to charge the storm faster so I am not sure what that meant!!! Maybe CV you could answer what the tour was talking about?? And thank's in advance.

Also I have not heard anyone mention a car mount... So is this just and after thought or is no one thinking to get it?
    11-11-08 05:10 AM
    My company is looking at doing "vinyl shields" for the storm in clear and solid color once the device is in our hands. We offer the same quality as the more expensive companies and our color is 5 yr outdoor rated, so imagine how well it will keep bright and vibrant. If you are intrested the pm me or visit our site and send a message to the email up top.
    11-11-08 05:40 AM
    My company is looking at doing "vinyl shields" for the storm in clear and solid color once the device is in our hands. We offer the same quality as the more expensive companies and our color is 5 yr outdoor rated, so imagine how well it will keep bright and vibrant. If you are intrested the pm me or visit our site and send a message to the email up top.
    Vinyl shields? Sort of like IS and GA? But solid colors right, that would be cool man! So does that mean their wouldn't be hardley any added bulk? Just make sure you have forest green, gotta have that.

11-11-08 10:36 AM
153 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD