any suggestions as to what case for the 9900 wont scuff up or scratch the silver bezel around it? ive read a few threads here and alot of them do...so any suggestions would be great
    03-30-12 09:37 AM
    any suggestions as to what case for the 9900 wont scuff up or scratch the silver bezel around it? ive read a few threads here and alot of them do...so any suggestions would be great
    get some silicone and apply it to the bezel
    or
    duct tape the bezel
    or
    perform a magic trick to make your bezel unscratcheable
    03-30-12 09:59 AM
    mines not scuffed up and I use the casemate pop
    03-30-12 10:10 AM
    Otterbox Commuter and no scuffing at all - the silicone layer is quite nice.

JB
    03-30-12 10:13 AM
    The BlackBerry hardshell and softshell cases work well and leave a small strip of the chrome visible. I think it is the ones that cover the chromed/polished strip that cause the problems when dirt gets in there.
    03-30-12 11:20 AM
    The BlackBerry hardshell and softshell cases work well and leave a small strip of the chrome visible. I think it is the ones that cover the chromed/polished strip that cause the problems when dirt gets in there.
    my oem hard shell scratched the bezel after two weeks, albeit it was very minor.

my ob commuter has not scratched my bezel in a month.

regardless of which case, it's important to remove it periodically and do some cleaning.

also as an aside, the quicker you forget about a few small scratches, the more you'll enjoy your wonderful phone. same goes with cars, watches, etc.
    03-30-12 11:46 AM
    I've got the OEM softshell case on my 9930 & it hasn't scratched my pretty bb bezel.
    03-30-12 12:05 PM
    Otterbox Commuter or OEM softshell is your best bet. The hard shell does make marks after some time of taking it off and on.
    03-30-12 12:17 PM
    is the otter commuter bulky? ...i dont think ive ever seen what one looks like tbh. i do like the look of the oem hard shell as it looks like the back of the 99 and doesnt seem too bulky
    Last edited by alexandros2011; 03-30-12 at 01:53 PM.
    03-30-12 01:51 PM
    Nope, the commuter isn't bulky. It's pretty much perfect unless you need to remove the case often.
    03-30-12 01:54 PM
    The bottom plastic edge of the Otterbox Commutter scuffed up my phone a bit. Stopped using it. Now I use the BB leather pouch. My bezel has some scuffs on it, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It's a phone, it's going to show some wear and tear as time goes by.
    03-30-12 01:57 PM
    OtterBox Commuter Series is very good. Also offer great protection to the rest of the phone.

OB Impact is also good if your on a budget and only need a bit of protection.
    03-30-12 03:29 PM
    The bottom plastic edge of the Otterbox Commutter scuffed up my phone a bit. Stopped using it. Now I use the BB leather pouch. My bezel has some scuffs on it, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It's a phone, it's going to show some wear and tear as time goes by.
    None of the plastic actually touches the phone... I can't see how that would happen unless you scratched it removing the case.
    03-30-12 03:54 PM
    Mine doesnt. Got the case from "ION"
    03-30-12 04:05 PM
    ok...ill go check out the commuter and the oem as well. thanks for everyones input ....much appreciated
    03-30-12 04:39 PM
    any suggestions as to what case for the 9900 wont scuff up or scratch the silver bezel around it? ive read a few threads here and alot of them do...so any suggestions

would be great
    Any hard silicone works. It's not plastic and not a skin. I got mine at the VZW store.
    03-30-12 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD