Dear Team,
    I have a very weird case and wish to seek assistance, I have successfully updated my OS to OS 6 official update, it was all great yesterday, but today i noticed that the handset doesn't ring on smses, so I thought its just the sound settings, and I looked and there is not SMS alert under the change Sounds :S I don't understand why, can anyone help?
    04-11-11 04:00 PM
    The old OS 5 ringtones need to be loaded if you had a preinstalled ringtone that you were using. The OS 6 ringtones are different. Any old settings from your backup won't work with the old ringtones missing. Do a forum search for "OS 5 ringtones on OS 6".
    04-11-11 04:04 PM
    thanks for your kind reply, I sincerely understand that, but the fact is that there is not Text messaging alert in the first place it just vanished. :S

Thank you soo much
    04-11-11 04:10 PM
    You can download them from your phone's browser here:

Get OS5 ringtones back on your OS6 BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    04-11-11 04:11 PM
    You can download them from your phone's browser here:

Get OS5 ringtones back on your OS6 BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    thank you so much, so when I download that .jad file, I will have the text messaging alert tab back?

i am sorry for been a headache... I sincerely appreciate that.
    04-11-11 04:17 PM
    Go to Options>Sounds and Ringtones>Sounds for Selected Profile>Messages - Notifiers>(Scroll down) to 'Text Messages'
    04-11-11 04:25 PM
    thats exactly where the problem is: as "text messages" doesnt exist; all I have is:

Email
    Level 1
    PIN

only
    04-11-11 04:31 PM
    That's strange, maybe all the .COD files didn't load correctly on install of os6.

It is a pain, but try downloading os6 again and see what happens....fresh wipe, then reload.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    xsaad likes this.
    04-12-11 03:01 AM
    I will do that now... thank you very much, hope it works
    04-13-11 05:58 PM
    how do I reinstall an OS?
    04-13-11 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD