I just upgraded to v4.5.0.174 and noticed my wall charger isn't working. My computer USB link data link works fine...
    10-14-09 07:40 AM
    Does your BB charge while is plugged in the computer? Have you tried a different charger?
    10-14-09 08:02 AM
    Try cleaning the miniUSB plug (with the wall charger unplugged, of course) with rubbing alcohol or Windex... maybe it's a little dirty. Also, grab a can of air and try blowing out the USB port on the device - maybe it was a bad connection....
    10-14-09 11:13 AM
    It's working now. Gave it quick wipe down with my shirt and blew any dust out of the BB port. It seems the connection is just a tiny bit off sometimes, works fine with my USB data cable though to computer. Sorry about the panic! Thanks as always.
    10-14-09 11:37 AM
    Get a bb dock/charger for under $10.00 bucks. Your usb port will thank you for it...
    10-14-09 12:08 PM
    Hmm it seems my "plugged in" indicator doesn't always show up. I've had no problems connecting to my computer though, even without the "plugged in/charging" indicator...

Not sure if it charges through my wall charger though, will have to check today.
    10-15-09 07:28 AM
    i have one here that shows it charging when powered on but it never charges and then I have to power it off to get it to charge.
    I just updated the software on it and it almost died while doing it ??
    10-23-09 02:19 AM
    I had the same power issue with my curve the day after I bought it a week ago. Neither the wall charger, nor the 12V charger I bought would charge, but the USB to a laptop would. Telus exchanged it over the counter for me. Dunno if you have the luxury of a 24hr old machine though...
    (Incidentally, new Curve, same original chargers, and it works fine now, so it could be more than just dirt)
    10-23-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD