08-11-09 09:48 PM
79 1234
tools
    I only holter a phone at work. All other times it gets pocketed. I'm not even sure why I choose to do tis. It's just the way it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:43 AM
    i keep mine in the pouch for my 8330 and usually in my big mitts. thats solid protection.
    07-12-09 02:41 AM
    I holster my Curve, especially in business attire, but I keep either my Storm or my iPhone in my pocket. Even with the touchscreens, they seem to be far more durable devices to carry without worrying about scratching up the screens.
    07-12-09 02:31 PM
    I find holsters very convenient. Allows quick and easy access to your phone without taking up pocket-space. And the auto-standby mode on Blackberry's is a very nice feature.
    07-14-09 07:04 PM
    Holsters are for guns... lol.

Put it in your pocket.
    Where do you keep your keys, change and pocket knife? Sure, go ahead and keep it in your pocket. Don't be crying when your screen is cracked and the phone is scratched up.

My pistol is in holster on one side, phone in holster on other side.
    07-15-09 02:49 PM
    Where do you keep your keys, change and pocket knife? Sure, go ahead and keep it in your pocket. Don't be crying when your screen is cracked and the phone is scratched up.

My pistol is in holster on one side, phone in holster on other side.
    Well for me -

Change/keys are always in left back pocket, wallet in right rear. Phone's in front right. Left right is for misc.
    07-15-09 02:53 PM
    Who cares about being cool?! Put it where you find it practical. Mine is holstered at nearly all times as I find that the most optimal place for it to be other in hand or on my ears...

Next to keys/change etc. in the same pocket is like a no-go.
    07-19-09 09:43 AM
    If it is the pocket, please see the threads where the device has been dropped. Morever, nothing is more annoying than someone who leaves their device on their desk unattended on full volume. At least, if it on your hip, it can be dealth with in a more timely manner thereby minimizing the interruption to others in the office.
    07-19-09 10:15 AM
    use a holster...the next time you drop the BB it you will be happy you did.
    07-24-09 10:59 AM
    i broke mine getting out of a car and was extremely mad.
    stupid cheap plastic clip
    07-25-09 11:05 AM
    I use the holster now that came with the Bold, much better then the crappy one that came with my 8330.
    07-25-09 11:38 PM
    you gotta wear the holster man. how else are you going to show that bad boy off to world. besides a blackberry is not a smartphone its a lifestyle.
    07-26-09 12:59 AM
    i broke mine getting out of a car and was extremely mad.
    stupid cheap plastic clip
    Exactly! While it did activate standby, I've already broken the clip catching it on the seatbelt.
    I'm upper management and definitely closer to senior citizen and survival than concerned with cool (no way with black socks and shorts tho...). I want skin and holster so I'm trying to find a holster to accomodate my Impact skin.

So now the question I have is, if holstered, left or right side? Does it depend on if you are left or right handed?
    07-26-09 05:22 PM
    ^
    check out Roots Tuff skin comes with holster, screen protector and heavy duty rubber skin
    07-26-09 06:56 PM
    I use a pocket pouch i love it. never have to think about losing it.
    07-26-09 07:19 PM
    ^
    check out Roots Tuff skin comes with holster, screen protector and heavy duty rubber skin
    Close...but not for 8350i that I can find. I'd also have to see that "clip" holster since I already almost lost the BB with one clip style.
    07-26-09 07:29 PM
    never use holster...tried it and didnt like it. That's one of the reason I came back to Curve, giving up HTC touch pro that big brick!

Curve fits into any pants pocket just fine
    07-28-09 09:06 PM
    I put it in my pocket. I am not a fan of the holster. I have knocked it off my belt to many times.
    07-28-09 09:18 PM
    Well I can't have my holstee for my job @ starbucks...but just got a job with blue mobile solutions..and ill be using my holster every day there...just looks more prifessional...and shows off my storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 01:24 PM
    I use a holster. My pocket is always filled with stuff. Pen, change, keys, gum, etc.
    08-02-09 02:13 PM
    Its not a holsterd gun.
    What difference would that make? Do you have a problem with guns?
    08-04-09 07:14 PM
    I use both the holster and a silicone skin. I'm usually in a dress shirt and slacks, so I'll use the holster, it's just easier to get to for me. When I'm in shorts or jeans in the silicone and my hand.
    08-04-09 07:58 PM
    This thread made me dust off my holster and start using it. No more lint and dust from pockets.
    08-05-09 12:09 AM
    I think the belt clip holster case looks great, especially along with the white calf high socks while wearing sandals

I just put on a screen protector and keep it in my right pocket or suit jacket pocket. Most slim rubberized ones catch lint. This Tour already has that rubberized feel to it around the back edges which is great. I had to add rubberized strips to previous Treos and they too caught lint and always started to work their way off the device over time.

If I'm wearing a suit it goes into my top right suit pocket, but when I have it on vibrate I have to keep it in my pants pocket anyway to feel a call.

Funny how PDA users are though. For years everyone wished for someone to make a PDA with this exact form factor. Treo's which were the industry standard for years always had this annoying big antenna sticking out and even their newest models which have no antenna now still are twice as thick as the Tour and feel twice as heavy. The Treo was ALWAYS so annoying in my pocket. The antenna kept poking me and the heavy device kept rotating in my pocket. When a call came in the antenna kept me from pulling out the phone quickly.

So even though the last two Treo's had no antenna . . . they still felt like I was carry a small brick in my pocket compared to the Tour.

I don't think most Tour users appreciate how really small this model is. I can wear work out shorts and not even remember that it's still in my pocket.

Some people like the holster and I can appreciate that, to each their own.

I took the Asurion insurance just so when an accident happens I'm protected.
    I do use the holster sometimes for added protection like for boating, hiking etc though but I stick it in a hiking pack or waterproof (Drysack) boating bag.

But I love being able to put it on vibrate while in meetings and keep it in my pocket without even giving a second thought that it's there.

I found the OEM holster that the Tour came with to be top quality and I like the built in track ball protector slot for the few times I would actually clip it to my belt. Usually, my suit jacket would cover it anyway.
    Last edited by expidia; 08-07-09 at 07:46 AM.
    08-07-09 07:44 AM
    depends on what im wearing, if its jeans holster, if its shorts pocket with case
    08-07-09 08:13 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD