08-11-09 09:48 PM
79 1234
tools
    I went through this debate a little bit ago and decided to go with a pocket sleeve for the BB. I thought I wanted a holster for it, but, after a while of looking around I thought the guys with holsters on looked funny when they took of their suit coats or when you caught sight of the holster when their suit coat flapped open. Kind of reminded me of the late 80's and everyone's need to have a beeper cliped on their belt. Plus, for me, I don't have my suit coats cut to accomadate a holster and even though these devices are slim, adding a holster takes it out away from the body and that can leave an unsightly bump under the suit coat.

Keep in mind, this is all from an about to be forty year old who has never been considered to be "cool."

rgc
    04-29-09 01:57 PM
    I'm 24 year old professional who is somewhat fashion saavy. I used to wear the holster on my belt but I felt uncomfortable, plus I think I also intimidated some with it on. So I started clipping my holster on the inside of my right pocket. It worked for a while until I noticed the clip started to wear out my pockets. So no I just have my naked bold in my pocket (making sure my keys are in the left pocket). I am extra careful when pulling out my bold. So far the system works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 08:39 AM
    I say holster... that's the main reason I'm back on a BlackBerry.... (and maybe cause I'm a BES admin) but I love the magnet feature of the devices.
    04-30-09 10:14 AM
    I say rock out with your holster out.
    05-01-09 12:51 AM
    Think its completely subjective thing. If you've got an ill fitting polo tucked into your nip-high khakis and your BB clipped on.... uncool. If you're wearing a hand-tailored suit walking around a big city, wearing a military uniform holding an m16, or perhaps just look like a normal semi-cool guy then its less prominent and probably not so bad.

Put it this way: If you're not 'cool' to begin with... it ain't going to help. If you are, this probably won't sink your Fonzie-Factor.

Doesn't hold a candle to those people walking around with their bluetooth in at all times, even when they aren't on the phone. They deserve to be openly mocked in my opinion.
    05-01-09 09:21 AM
    I have a silicone case on my blackberry and it catches tons of lint which makes it unattractive :/ I think i'll use the holster
    05-02-09 08:48 AM
    Holster with naked Storm - no screen protector. I use "sunglass" cloth to clean.
    05-02-09 08:52 AM
    I do both. There are times when I put mine in a holster. There are other times I put it in a case. Depends on what I'm wearing and doing throughout my day. Whatever you do make sure it's protected...
    Same here. I have a nice leather pouch with a magnetic flap closure and a belt clip I wear at work or wherever if I have a belt on.. Then I have just the plain black leather pouch for putting in my pocket when I'm wearing jeans, etc...

Works well for me.. But I'm less about cool and more about protecting my phone...

-Corey
    05-02-09 11:30 AM
    I'm 30 and I definitely go with the holster. First off, the bold is a fairly large phone, its just too bulky for a pocket. Secondly, there is just too much that could happen to it in your pocket, including lint and scratching. Its also just too much trouble to get to if you're sitting.

The holster is easily accessible, lets you see the little red light, check who's calling while still in the holster, and if you really care, lets everyone see what kind of taste you have.
    05-02-09 11:48 PM
    I'm purchasing a hard case with rubber back for those pocket occasions. Then the added holster for any such occassion as I see use for it. I usually have my holsters attached to my sun visors in the car. I can hear the ringtones better when driving windows down and radio up.

05-04-09 02:18 AM
    I like sitting my curve out for others to see. I'm planning on custom coloring my case and adding a theme. Yea I want people to see it. LOL

05-04-09 02:20 AM
    I just bought a Blackberry side holster. I've been waiting over a week for the post office to deliver it!

I always used side clips on my previous carrier, so long as it didn't scratch the phone. I just hope the holster won't be to bulky or large.
    05-04-09 01:14 PM
    The great thing about turning 45 twelve days ago is I can now officially not give a rat's **** if I look cool or not. Middle age does have its advantages!!

(I still will not wear black socks with shorts. Even I have my limits!)
    05-06-09 08:06 AM
    Put it this way: If you're not 'cool' to begin with... it ain't going to help. If you are, this probably won't sink your Fonzie-Factor.

Doesn't hold a candle to those people walking around with their bluetooth in at all times, even when they aren't on the phone. They deserve to be openly mocked in my opinion.

Best post of the thread!

By the way, even though I pocket carry in a Beyza sleeve, I noticed the Case-Mate has released their Signature case and holster for the 8900 . . . very tempting.

Oh yeah, black socks and shorts, hmm, maybe not, but, "I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach."
    05-06-09 10:10 PM
    I use a holster but keep my shirt untucked so no one can see it anyway.

When I'm going formal, I usually lose the holster and slip it in my inside jacket pocket.
    05-07-09 02:59 AM
    I'm purchasing a hard case with rubber back for those pocket occasions. Then the added holster for any such occassion as I see use for it. I usually have my holsters attached to my sun visors in the car. I can hear the ringtones better when driving windows down and radio up.

can you take a pic of your holster on the sun visor ? i have try to place my holster on my visor and it always get down or the sun visor just drop
    05-07-09 06:22 AM
    i always holster it. while I'm at work its on my belt or while out its in my pocket holstered
    05-08-09 10:18 AM
    i always use the holster, i usually have my keys in on pocket and money in the other, and its easier to get to your phone when someone is calling
    05-10-09 12:03 AM
    Holsters are for guns... lol.

Put it in your pocket.
    05-12-09 06:09 PM
    I always use a holster, i move around too much for it to be going commando
    05-12-09 07:12 PM
    I don't tuck my shirts in. So, I never had to grapple with the 'is it cool or not' syndrome...
    05-13-09 12:36 AM
    I know lots of young people thing its uncool.
    Using the rubber skins get stuck in my pockets during the summer.
    I wanted more protection so I got a body glove case and wear it on my belt. I don't care about gay, I care about protection and the case has saved my **** a few times.
    05-13-09 03:25 PM
    I'm too cool to care what people think
    People like me because they like me.
    Therefore I holster it. It tends to clip between the front and back pockets. Plus, cases that have the phone drop sideways into it are less intrusive.
    I have a VZ 8330, but I didn't like their selection of top loading cases. I stopped by a T-Mobile store, and picked up one their branded case/car charger kit for 14.99.
    Great quality, and a great fit.
    05-16-09 01:27 PM
    Negative on the holster...
    05-26-09 02:52 AM
    I'm also upper management on my job. I have never really cared for a phone hanging off of my belt. I have in Invisible Shield on my Storm and have in a slip case in my pocket.
    05-26-09 03:57 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD