I'm looking for a good screen protector. I keep hearing about phantom skins but not sure what that is. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 05:11 PM
    I was not sure about phantom Skinz either, but once on and all dry which took a few days to get rid of the fuzziness. It rocks!!!!
    07-28-09 05:14 PM
    I think I'm going to try the phantom skinz. I've heard good things about them.
    07-28-09 05:22 PM
    Does the phantom skinz require u to put on some type of liquid adhesive or does it apply straight to the screen straight out of the box

07-28-09 05:23 PM
    Just follow the instructions step by step and it will turn out great. Some of the steps seem weird but it helps....... Trust me.. I messed up my first one lol
    07-28-09 05:23 PM
    Does the phantom skinz require u to put on some type of liquid adhesive or does it apply straight to the screen straight out of the box

PhantomSkinz - Clear Protection Film for Cell Phones, PDA’s & Laptops | Installation Guide

1. Identify each piece of the enclosed PhantomSkinz and compare it to the physical design of your PED. Use the included diagram for help.
    2. Clean your hands thoroughly.
    3. Clean your PED carefully to insure that there is no residue, dust, dirt or facial oils on the PED.
    4. Decide which portion of the PED is to be covered first. Devices that have a screen(s) should have the screen installed first as it is the easiest.
    5. Place the sheet containing the pattern that you decide to install first into the cup of warm water.
    6. Let the film sit immersed in the water for 60 seconds. (Allowing the film to be immersed in water longer than 60 seconds WILL NOT harm the film or its adhesive.)
    7. Wet your fingers prior to removing the film from the backing paper. Keep your fingers wet during the entire application.
    8. Determine which piece to install first. Remove that piece of PhantomSkinz from the backing paper. Once removed from the backing, wet the film in the cup of warm water. (Do not allow the film to stick to the cup or anything that is not wet.) Wet it and let the excess drip off.
    9. Do not drop the film on any dirty surface as the dirt will stick to the adhesive.
    10. Apply PhantomSkinz to your PED, sticky side down.
    11. Align each film piece so that any "cutouts" are evenly centered around any holes, or logos on the PED.
    12. Using the enclosed Application Tool, pull the tool across the outer surface of the film, applying enough pressure to squeeze out any air or liquid bubbles. Start from the center of the film and move it toward the outer edge. It may be necessary to run the tool across the film several times, applying more pressure each time to squeeze out bubbles. Avoid using the corner of the tool as it can scratch the film.
    13. Allow the PED to sit with any tabs extended until the sticky side is dry. Once dry, gently wrap each tab around the PED and hold with the palm of your hand for 30 seconds. Ensure that one tab is secure without any bubbles prior to securing the next tab.
    14. Allow your PED to sit with the power disconnected for a full 24 hours after installation to allow any moisture to dry.

NOTE: PhantomSkinz film can be totally removed from the PED, re-wet, and allowed to regain its form within 5 minutes of the application. If your first application has undesirable air bubbles between the film and your PED, wet your fingers, lift the film completely from the PED, and begin again at step #8.
    07-28-09 05:24 PM
    dope!!! ^^^
    07-28-09 05:28 PM
    I took my phone to a local mall kiosk and they didn't have any specific Tour screen protectors but they put one on that fit the Bold (I think the screen sizes are the same) and it worked perfect. No bubbles, no edge peeling and it only cost $9.

But if the Phantom skin is getting this much hype I might have to check into it...

07-28-09 05:39 PM
    I had invisibleSHIELD on my HTC Touch Pro. I decided to give Phantom Skinz a shot and its so much better than invisibleSHIELD. I would highly recommend it.
    07-28-09 05:41 PM
    If ur paranoid and don't want to usewater on ur phone, I have a clarivue and like it a lot. Use the one for a curve 8900

07-28-09 05:54 PM
    Clarivue. All my electronics have it. Since me and the wife is going to get a Tour, Clarivue includes 2 and clings on via static.
    07-28-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD