there is a layer of moisture between the case's screen cover and the screen of the phone. how can i get rid of this? thx
    06-05-09 12:48 AM
    When I put InstantShield on my Storm, water got in between the screen too. It took about 2.5 days for it to completely dissipate. Be patient, it'll evaporate out eventually.

Marty
    06-05-09 02:40 AM
    When I put InstantShield on my Storm, water got in between the screen too. It took about 2.5 days for it to completely dissipate. Be patient, it'll evaporate out eventually.

Marty

yess. just wait out a little and itll evaporate.
    06-05-09 03:53 AM
    Question with in a Question:. I also just bought an Otter box, I love it, but did you leaves youre Screen protector on or did you remove it and use the one built into the Otter Box?. or was the Otter Box designed not to have the original screen protector?
    06-05-09 07:08 AM
    Question with in a Question:. I also just bought an Otter box, I love it, but did you leaves youre Screen protector on or did you remove it and use the one built into the Otter Box?. or was the Otter Box designed not to have the original screen protector?
    ok cuz i was thinking about putting a hairdryer to it from a good distance away but thought i'd prob receive the Darwin award for that. i leave my Storm's screen protector on cause of the constant flexing that the Otterbox's undergoes. figure that makes a tiny diff in relief
    06-05-09 07:13 AM
    I have otterbox my self and I removed the shipping screen protector from my storm. I felt that it made my screen sluggish.
    06-05-09 09:24 AM
    It isn't water. It is just the way the screen protector on the otterbox case is. There is 2 ways I have heard of to fix it.
    1. Rub your palm against the inside of the otterbox screen
    2. There is a thread and a youtube video about using baby powder to fix it.
    Do a search and you should find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 09:37 AM
    If you "wet" a phone, it can be sometime salvaged by burying it in a small sealed bowl of rice. mine took 2 days sealed up but it salvaged a phone that was dropped in the toilet (don't ask)

So the question of the day is: If you are left handed, when the storm phone is in landscape orientation do you interact with the buttons in your left hand or right hand? I'm a lefty but use the buttons oriented to the right.

steve
    06-05-09 09:55 AM
    After trying everything (except the powder) I went old school. I licked both the storm screen and inside of the ottertbox screen, after it was wet with saliva I rubbed it around and wiped it off with a lint free cloth and it worked perfectly. I don't know exactly why it works but I do know that scuba divers spit in their masks so the don't fog up.
    06-05-09 10:19 AM
    It isn't water. It is just the way the screen protector on the otterbox case is. There is 2 ways I have heard of to fix it.
    1. Rub your palm against the inside of the otterbox screen
    2. There is a thread and a youtube video about using baby powder to fix it.
    Do a search and you should find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i knew there was something on it but couldn't locate it. sorry for the repost.
    06-05-09 12:24 PM
    I do the Baby Powder Trick,and I only use my Otter Box throught the week and naked on the weekends.
    06-05-09 04:20 PM
    I purchased an otterbox case for my Blackberry Storm (Generation 1 case), and was pleased, but it needed improvements. I then inquired about a new case and was shipped a brand new one (Generation 2) FREE of charge. Well a couple weeks ago, I went to Kings Dominion, and proceeded to ride with my phone (stupid, maybe, but I need my Blackberry!). As the ride (the Ricochet) climbed my phone fell, approximately 65 feet from the highest point on the ride, on to solid concrete. A sad day in the world of my Blackberry Storm! This was at 10:30am, and I could not go into the "Lock Out" area until after the ride is shut down, 12 hours later at 10pm.

10pm roles around and I get my phone. I about died when I picked up my phone and it worked fine. 2 weeks later and its still going fine, no damage to the phone, and minimal damage (a scratch on the plastic hook that the rubber sets on) to the case. Once again, a 65 foot fall onto solid concrete. Survived fully and operational 100%

Buy the OtterBox, it saved my phone it can save yours.

As for the "water marks" or "air bubbles" i took Windex to the inside of the OtterBox screen and to the screen of my Storm. Cleaned them both thoroughly and they are fine now..

just some help...
    06-05-09 06:44 PM
    I purchased an otterbox case for my Blackberry Storm (Generation 1 case), and was pleased, but it needed improvements. I then inquired about a new case and was shipped a brand new one (Generation 2) FREE of charge. Well a couple weeks ago, I went to Kings Dominion, and proceeded to ride with my phone (stupid, maybe, but I need my Blackberry!). As the ride (the Ricochet) climbed my phone fell, approximately 65 feet from the highest point on the ride, on to solid concrete. A sad day in the world of my Blackberry Storm! This was at 10:30am, and I could not go into the "Lock Out" area until after the ride is shut down, 12 hours later at 10pm.

10pm roles around and I get my phone. I about died when I picked up my phone and it worked fine. 2 weeks later and its still going fine, no damage to the phone, and minimal damage (a scratch on the plastic hook that the rubber sets on) to the case. Once again, a 65 foot fall onto solid concrete. Survived fully and operational 100%

As for the "water marks" or "air bubbles" i took Windex to the inside of the OtterBox screen and to the screen of my Storm. Cleaned them both thoroughly and they are fine now..

just some help...

nice!

this shows a good quality build..
    06-05-09 06:52 PM

just some help...
    I was standing on my third floor balcony having a smoke playing with my storm and then ooooppppssssss!!!!!!! dropped about thirty feet, now my storm is 2 days old, and my carrier does not have insurance, so i ran down stairs and picked it up and nothing was wrong with the storm or the otter box, other than a scuff on the rubber part of the box. Otter you have a customer for life!
    08-24-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD