Ok so i'm pretty sure this has happened to many blackberry users. Either you were really drunk last night and spilled beer all over your phone, dropped it in the toilet while texting, got out of the shower and just answered a ring without drying off or got screwed by the weather. Well all of theses things have happened to me, except maybe the toilet one and I had to pay a nice fee for repairs so I was wondering...is there anything we can do to prevent this. Cases, protectors or whatever for the 8900?
    10-26-09 09:31 PM
    There are a number of things people can do.

1) Keep you're phone in your pocket or in the provided holster when you have intentions of getting boxed

2) Keep you're phone far, far away from the toilet

Other than that, i'm not aware of a case that guarantees total water resistance. I'm rocking an otterbox defender case on my 9630 due to my profession. It offers the best bump, drop, nick and mist protection...but i wouldn't drop it in the toilet or dump a brewskie on it...

Check it out, but it's not for everyone!
    10-26-09 09:45 PM
    i'm not aware of anything on the market that will make the phone waterproof.
    10-26-09 09:56 PM
    Get one of those new cases made with rice......
    10-27-09 08:54 AM
    i use this case when i'm around water with my BlackBerry. Works great! It floats and the strap is handy. i use it when i'm at the beach or canoeing. it saved my BB when i was caught in the rain a few times while hiking! i got mine at West Marine.

This ones looks like it will work also: DRY PAK GPS / PDA / Smart Phone Case
    10-27-09 08:59 AM
    That's cool. I may get something like that before going to Disney over Christmas. Then again, for that, I may just put a couple of freezer bags in my backpack and put my phone in there if we are going on a wet ride.
    10-27-09 10:37 AM
    ziplock ftw
    10-28-09 06:01 AM
    i use this case when i'm around water with my BlackBerry. Works great! It floats and the strap is handy. i use it when i'm at the beach or canoeing. it saved my BB when i was caught in the rain a few times while hiking! i got mine at West Marine.
    Wow. Great recommendation.
    10-28-09 04:18 PM
    Haha I use a ziplock bag as my case when I go camping
    10-28-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD