I want to use my Storm's GPS function to track my running workouts. GPSLogger is a nice program that will record all kinds of data about your run or cycle workout. I'm kind of afraid of using the phone in this manner because of documented problems on this forum about dust and water getting under the glass. Is there a water proof case that anybody knows about that would work? Does anybody else use their Storm in this manner?
    08-09-09 12:30 AM
    get the otterbox defender. it will protect it but is not waterproof.
    08-09-09 12:34 AM
    zip lock bag inside of a zip lock bag
    08-09-09 12:42 AM
    08-09-09 12:47 AM
    I still have not found one yet.
    08-09-09 01:19 AM
    for some reason otterbox has made a waterproof case for the iphone but has not yet made one for the storm
    08-09-09 01:25 AM
    As long as you don't try to swim with it, the otterbox should be good for your needs. It makes it pretty bulky, but protects it really well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 02:49 AM
    Would have LOVED that for my trip to Maui... but i'm in Maui now and its a bit late to purchase now... so i guess i can live without my phone while i'm at the beach or in the pool haha... i'm not yet fully addicted to my crackberry...
    08-09-09 02:59 AM
    Would have LOVED that for my trip to Maui... but i'm in Maui now and its a bit late to purchase now... so i guess i can live without my phone while i'm at the beach or in the pool haha... i'm not yet fully addicted to my crackberry...
    your not fully addicted until we see a post about using bbm while surfing
    08-09-09 04:39 AM
    Hey, thanks everyone. The aquapac is just what I was looking for.
    08-09-09 05:50 AM
    Yah, thanks for the link!
    08-09-09 08:49 AM
    I put mine in my leather case and then just hold the clip in my hand while running. Seems to work fine. However, some days it would be nice not to have to 'hold' anything.
    08-09-09 11:51 AM
    I got that case for my trip to raging waters. Works great.
    08-09-09 01:45 PM
    I camp a lot. When it rains, a phone inside my rain jacket's pocket will get wet after sometime. So I bought the Aquapac. It is great! The touch screen works with the phone inside. And I can make and answer phone call without taking it out.

Now I use the Aquapac on every campout and every trip to waterpark or beach or white water. In addition to water, it also protect the phone from UV ray.
    08-09-09 02:37 PM
    Yes, this looks like a good solution to the dust/sand/water problem....

...and to answer the statement above concerning being an Storm addict and surfing...
    ..been there...done that.......ummmmmm...

Hawk
    08-10-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD