does anyone know where i can find a reasonably priced cradle charger for the 8830 WE?
    cheapest ive seen is here on CB.com for 69.95.
    Thanks!
    karen
    06-10-08 12:13 AM
    It seems that most of the chargers for the 8830 utilize the USB port, which I am assuming you would like to avoid due to the problem with your other BB. I saw the same one on Amazon for slightly less, but with the shipping and possible tax, you are still looking at $68+, which is alot for a charger that you may not be able to use when you upgrade. Maybe someone else can help.

Amazon.com: Used and New: RIM BlackBerry 8800/ 8820/ 8830 Power Station (+Battery Charger US)
    06-10-08 08:55 AM
    does anyone know where i can find a reasonably priced cradle charger for the 8830 WE?
    cheapest ive seen is here on CB.com for 69.95.
    Thanks!
    karen
    Ive seen them on Ebay for very low prices like $10.00 +
    06-10-08 08:59 AM
    As previously mentioned, most that I have seen use the USB.

Personally, I'm seeking a way to not use it so much, so to to reduce wear and tear on that port.

Doesn't it also charge through the two copper/brass colored pads on the left side of the phone?
    06-10-08 12:05 PM
    Yes. The charger that is for sale on CB and at the site that I linked charge using the contacts on the side, which will save wear and tear on the USB port.
    That might be why the only desktop one we can find with that capability is made by RIM, which is odd, because there are several manufacturers of the car kit cradles that charge using the contacts.
    06-10-08 01:27 PM
    but i anyone has one to sell please let me know!!!
    06-10-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD