I have had a few charging errors. I noticed if I plug in the wall charger to the storm port it wiggles if I move it left and right. I am not sure if its the charger or the phone. Could someone check to see if this is normal or should it be a tight snug fit. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 07:56 PM
    It should be tight (that's what she said!) but others have reported that their micro USB plugs have a little give. If you're having charging errors, I'd recommend a replacement.
    05-01-09 08:00 PM
    are you sure that you have the right charger for your phone????
    05-01-09 08:02 PM
    I am using charger that came with phone. Anybody else have wiggle?

05-01-09 09:02 PM
    I am using charger that came with phone. Anybody else have wiggle?

IT SHOULD BE A TIGHT FIT.
    05-01-09 09:09 PM
    my lg dare end looks almost the same as the storm but they are really different sizes.
    05-01-09 09:19 PM
    Ridiculously snug here. Seriously, HARD to plug in the charger.

No wiggle at all.
    05-01-09 09:31 PM
    my lg dare end looks almost the same as the storm but they are really different sizes.
    The Storm uses a standard micro USB port, as does the lg dare. They are the same standard connector, and while the max current is probably different they should both support the USB standard 500mA.
    05-01-09 10:04 PM
    you may be right bux, i have so many trans laying around. looked at my storm one and it says 700ma??? have had 2 bb's and a lg. not sure what goes to what anymore.
    05-01-09 10:13 PM
    you may be right bux, i have so many trans laying around. looked at my storm one and it says 700ma??? have had 2 bb's and a lg. not sure what goes to what anymore.
    That's the beauty of standards.

USB (or micro in this case) should work for all. Of course, different wall chargers will have different current ratings, but *in theory* everything that works off of a standard 5V 500mA USB plug should be interchangeable.

To the OP: does wiggling the plug cause the error or is it more intermittent?
    05-01-09 10:23 PM
    I have had a few charging errors. I noticed if I plug in the wall charger to the storm port it wiggles if I move it left and right. I am not sure if its the charger or the phone. Could someone check to see if this is normal or should it be a tight snug fit. Thank you

Mine did that, so i went to verizon and had them give me a new charger..its under warranty.
    05-02-09 01:32 AM
    So its the wall charger not the phone's port?????
    05-02-09 05:27 AM
    it should be a tight fit, just as if you plug in a USB into a computer
    05-02-09 07:06 AM
    BUXLEY the error is random about 1 out of 10 times, however after a battery pill it works fine.the plug fits in secure, but if I wiggle the black part it moves left to right
    05-02-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD