I went into a Verizon corp store today to get a silicon skin to protect my Tour until I get a PhantomSkinz. They were sold out (of course), but I noticed that the skins they had for the Curve and Storm were packaged in Verizon packaging.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the skins that they sell are the ones made by RIM or if Verizon makes their own. I asked the sales guy and he didn't know.

Thanks
    07-15-09 05:49 PM
    I got the blackberry one off the store on this site for 9.99.. Im pretty sure vzw sell them for more
    07-15-09 05:52 PM
    picked one up on ebay for 8 bucks
    07-15-09 05:55 PM
    Most accesories sold by VZW are made by 3rd party companies. If you look on the back of the item, it lists the company. I forget who made the Tour Skin I picked up the other day, but it was not RIM.

Contary, when I had bought a replacement battery for my Curve from Verizon, the back of the package said it was made by RIM. I'm guessing the spare batteries are the only accessories they get directly from the phone manufacturers.
    07-15-09 06:47 PM
    Verizon prefers to use their own packaging even on OEM products. No biggie.
    07-15-09 06:49 PM
    I bought that one thinking it was gonna be a blackberry embossed one like my previous skins but it wasn't. Its much thicker and makes the phone much bulkier. Don't plan on using it unless I know my berry will be endangered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 07:01 PM
    Yeah, with the Curve & Pearl, Verizon sold the OEM RIM skins, with the Blackberry logo and word embossed into it.

I kinda like how thick the Tour skin is, makes it extra padded and all, and seems like it would t stand up to scratches and dents pretty well.
    07-15-09 07:24 PM
    Yeah I happened to be in a BJ's that has a Verizon kiosk in it. I checked out the skin, its not made by RIM. As already mentioned it is much thicker. I don't like it nearly as much as I do the one from RIM so I guess I'll just wait to order it from CB and use the one from the 8900 for now.

07-15-09 07:33 PM
    I'm not sure if every store is the same but I would imagine they are .... I bought a skin from the store by me as part of a "bundle" with other acessories and hate it! Its really thick, bulky and covers too much on the front of the phone. I got the ones made by blackberry and they are much better. IMO of course.

07-15-09 07:33 PM
    i picked up one of the skin's at verizon today. just went on ebay and ordered a screen protector, snap on case, and car charger for $13. the case at verizon was $12 haha
    07-15-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD