08-12-09 12:32 PM
55 123
tools
    The Verizon silicone case is too thick and at the edge where it meets the keyboard inteferes with the kys, e.g. the a key. Buty the official Rim "Blackberry" case it i smuch thinner and no edge that interferes. It is also much cheaper. I bought min eon ebay and am very happy. Same for the car charger, by the official RIM OEM on ebay or off of Amazon and you will save a lot o fmoney and have a better product.
    08-08-09 11:13 PM
    Would it be sooo wrong for a Sprint Tour (ab)user to check out a VZ skin???
    Nope just go into a store and request it ....they don't care

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 11:17 PM
    The Verizon silicone case is too thick and at the edge where it meets the keyboard inteferes with the kys, e.g. the a key. Buty the official Rim "Blackberry" case it i smuch thinner and no edge that interferes. It is also much cheaper. I bought min eon ebay and am very happy. Same for the car charger, by the official RIM OEM on ebay or off of Amazon and you will save a lot o fmoney and have a better product.
    To thin for protection imo. Feels cheap and not sturdy. Not worth it. I use to have it. And it does not affect the outside keys lol.

08-08-09 11:39 PM
    actually it makes it a little harder to press the onvenience keys which is a good thing because imo the bb side keys are too easy to press
    That being said, it doesn't actually interfere with camera operation, does it?
    08-08-09 11:48 PM
    actually it makes it a little harder to press the onvenience keys which is a good thing because imo the bb side keys are too easy to press
    I got strong hands then :P
    08-08-09 11:50 PM
    i had the black silicone one from verizon but saw that they had the plastic clear case with the snap on back and had to exchange it and loves the new one much better!
    08-09-09 12:13 AM
    I use the black BlackBerry Tour OEM Silicon case. I saw the VZW case and thought it looked to bulky, plus it covered up the BB logo, LED light, etc. The case I have is a winner.

Here is what I currently have:

See more photos of this case:
    Customer Image Gallery for BlackBerry Silicone Rubber Gel Skin Cover Wrap for BlackBerry Tour 9630 (Black) [Bulk Packaging]

I have one of these on the way now though:

BLACK Soft Crystal Gel Hard Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - eBay (item 300335551087 end time Sep-02-09 12:14:31 PDT)
    08-09-09 12:40 AM
    I have the black silicone case from Verizon also. Its alright for the time being but in the future I'm looking to buy something better.

08-09-09 01:04 AM
    wow definatly going to pick one up as soon as i can thanks for the recomendation
    08-09-09 01:10 AM
    i have the verizon case. thought it was too bulky, so purchased the blackberry rubber case... but found it too flimsy... so returned it and now continuing to use the verizon case... what i'm really waiting for is the innocase...
    08-09-09 03:06 AM
    Wow usually I'm not to keen on rubber casings on my phones but the verizon stock one is amazing. Very smooth feel and does not stick. This is hands down an amazing protection cover. Better than the seido cases has anyone tried it? Absolutely amazing makes this phone feel great and VERY solid. Buy it. You will not regret.

08-09-09 06:18 AM
    Agreed case is awesome.

08-09-09 06:19 AM
    I ordered one of these too. I can't wait to get it.

08-09-09 07:20 AM
    Are these cases easy enough to remove frequently for dock charging?
    08-09-09 08:42 AM
    These look cool, except i am not wild about the plaid pattern on them. Too bad they aren't just clear.
    08-09-09 09:22 AM
    Would it be sooo wrong for a Sprint Tour (ab)user to check out a VZ skin???
    Nope. The actual product is unbranded.
    08-09-09 09:52 AM
    this looks nice.
    i am still debating getting a skin/casing or a replacement case for the phone thats a different color.
    08-09-09 10:13 AM
    I use the black BlackBerry Tour OEM Silicon case. I saw the VZW case and thought it looked to bulky, plus it covered up the BB logo, LED light, etc. The case I have is a winner.

See more photos of this case:
    Customer Image Gallery for BlackBerry Silicone Rubber Gel Skin Cover Wrap for BlackBerry Tour 9630 (Black) [Bulk Packaging]

I have one of these on the way now though:

BLACK Soft Crystal Gel Hard Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - eBay (item 300335551087 end time Sep-02-09 12:14:31 PDT)
    Post a comparison review after you get the gel case.
    08-09-09 11:01 AM

That is the same case I am using also, I like the fact that its very thin.
    08-09-09 11:24 AM
    I just got my cilicone casing from Ebay, pretty nice quality one too I must admit. However, I noticed the hole cut-out does not match up great with the tiny pin hole of a mic on the tour. This causes even more muffling than already.
    just wanted to warn you guys that complain of muffling, might want to check your cilicone casings.
    08-09-09 11:26 AM
    Just FYI, I see a lot of people falsely indicating the VZW silicone case covers the LED...IT DOES NOT. True, it obscures the BB logo, but so what? I have the case and it is awesome. As far as bulk, it WILL fit in the stock holster with a little coaxing, if you are so inclined..lol. But I have not noticed anything negative about the case whatsoever.
    08-09-09 11:31 AM
    Just FYI, I see a lot of people falsely indicating the VZW silicone case covers the LED...IT DOES NOT. True, it obscures the BB logo, but so what? I have the case and it is awesome. As far as bulk, it WILL fit in the stock holster with a little coaxing, if you are so inclined..lol. But I have not noticed anything negative about the case whatsoever.
    I agree with jetaddict. I purchased the pink silicone cover from vzw earlier in the week for $11 ... it does not cover the LED light. It covers the BB logo on the front, but I can live with that. I think this cover is great for the price!
    08-09-09 12:30 PM
    I bought this day 1 and found that the sides were too thick near the keyboard, making it hard to hit the q a alt p del and return keys along the edges. I took an exacto knife and cut a thin piece out of the case next to those keys and now no interference at tall. Still holds tight and is barely noticable.
    08-09-09 12:37 PM
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I ordered one off ebay. I got it home. From the first moment I put it on, I hated it. Too sticky. However, a friend of mine got a "silcone" case from Verizon. His case feels awesome. Not sticky at all!
    08-09-09 12:57 PM
    Just picked this up today and I must say I love it! As mentioned previously, it's not sticky/tacky at all, especially compared to other silicone covers I've tried. Sliding it in and out of my pockets (where I keep my phone 99% of the time) is very easy -- even if I'm wearing tighter jeans.

I find that the extra silicone near the top of the phone that covers the Blackberry logo helps keep the cover in place when I'm pulling it out of my pocket -- my previous silicone case did not cover the logo and as a result, the case kept coming off the phone. I suppose this can also be attributed to the fact that my previous case was made out a thinner, more pliable material but either way, this is definitely an improvement.

For someone with larger hands like myself, I find that the added thickness did not interfere with the Q, A, P, or DEL keys as a previous poster noted, but of course YRMV.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with this case and, for whatever reason, Verizon sold me for $11 even though it was listed at $14.99, the difference of which paid for my parking at the mall!

Thanks again OP for the suggestion!
    08-09-09 02:58 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD