My father had an extra screen protector for a Storm that he was not using so he gave it to me. I put it on the screen and the next morning as I headed out the door I put the phone in my otherwise empty pocket. When I got to the car and took the phone out the screen protected had light scratches on it that would not rub away. we are talking a matter of minutes here! Since then scratches have slowly appeared that also won't rub off. At no time was anything else in that pocket with the phone and my father has had his on for a while with no where near the issues (he uses a holster though). Anyone else have this issue with the VZW protectors??? Are the invisible shield ones better?? Thanks all!
    06-16-09 10:47 PM
    Weird.

As mentioned in the other thread, I've had the VZ protector on as well for a couple of months and also carry it my pocket and there isn't a single scratch on the protector.

Not a single scratch.
    06-16-09 10:51 PM
    have you removed the invisible film over the protector......? I am thinking that is your issue. There should be clear film.
    06-16-09 10:54 PM
    I've had my VZW screen protector on mine since purchase several months ago. Not a scratch,I do use the holster though.

You said your father had it extra. How long had he had it, and where was it stored? Is it possible the protector was scratched Before you put it on, and didn't notice?
    06-16-09 10:56 PM
    I had the same problem for this reason.
    have you removed the invisible film over the protector......? I am thinking that is your issue. There should be clear film.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 11:07 PM
    the VZW screen protector is crappy. I found that its thickness also created some touch sensitivity issues too. I replaced with the protectors taht came with my incipio feather case and it is MUCH BETTER. it felt thinner and i was concerned at first but it is great!
    06-16-09 11:36 PM
    The VZW protectors rock! And they are only $7.49 with free overnight shipping!! I cant complain , and mine doesnt have a single scratch either. I will never buy another protector and I've had them all....
    06-17-09 01:18 AM
    If you are have sensitivity issues, adjust the swipe, hover and tap interval in the options/screen-keyboard menu.
    06-17-09 01:22 AM
    I took off the screen protector a few days ago. I like my phone better now. Somehow the screen protector was messing up my buttons also. They work flawlessly now.

06-17-09 02:15 AM
    I bought some screen protectors at VZW once and the salesman said "why you buying those, you don't need them."

He said the storm screen wont scratch and you could scratch your keys across the screen without damaging it.

I was like right, but I'd rather be safe then sorry, I want my phone to be in mint shape when I sell it.
    06-17-09 06:34 AM
    Wow there was a film there lol. That thing was hard to tell it was there. Thanks guys.
    06-17-09 08:17 AM
    I've had mine on for about a week and a half with no scratches...sucks to hear that yours is
    06-17-09 08:29 AM
    I had. Purchased the3 pack of protectors and I put them all on at 1 time. I am a fire fighter and when iwe get a call I kickoff my boots and throw what ever is in my pockets in the boots before I gear up so I don't get my phone wet or anything else. But in all the times I have done this I have never had cut make it through to the screen and the screen protectors still are clear. but make sure that you pull the protective film off of all layers first

My father had an extra screen protector for a Storm that he was not using so he gave it to me. I put it on the screen and the next morning as I headed out the door I put the phone in my otherwise empty pocket. When I got to the car and took the phone out the screen protected had light scratches on it that would not rub away. we are talking a matter of minutes here! Since then scratches have slowly appeared that also won't rub off. At no time was anything else in that pocket with the phone and my father has had his on for a while with no where near the issues (he uses a holster though). Anyone else have this issue with the VZW protectors??? Are the invisible shield ones better?? Thanks all!
    06-17-09 08:53 AM
    I had. Purchased the3 pack of protectors and I put them all on at 1 time. I am a fire fighter and when iwe get a call I kickoff my boots and throw what ever is in my pockets in the boots before I gear up so I don't get my phone wet or anything else. But in all the times I have done this I have never had cut make it through to the screen and the screen protectors still are clear. but make sure that you pull the protective film off of all layers first

holy ****!!! all three at one time!? LOL that's awesome. does the touch screen actually work with three of them on there? do you have to adjust the sensitivity and all that?
    06-17-09 08:58 AM
    the screen doesn't even need a protector. I've never used one and have never seen a single scratch on my screen
    06-17-09 09:03 AM
    the screen doesn't even need a protector. I've never used one and have never seen a single scratch on my screen
    yeah i went for a couple months without the screen protector. made screen just a little more sensitive, but no so much as to cause a problem. no scratches at all, but i hear that sand WILL scratch it and i am outside a lot so i just put one back on to be safe. but the bare screen is still extremely resistant.
    06-17-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD