Anybody tried the leather combo case at Verizon? It has the leather look of the Bold on the back and has chrome bezels around the front and all the openings. Might be tooo much chrome and some might think it is tacky. I'm interested in a case that looks business professional and is functional to carry on my belt for easy retrieval. I'm one of those BB users that is pulling it out 200 times per day to check, add, review information. Verizon also has a combo case that is just black plastic with no chrome that works the same way.

I used to use an Otterbox Defender with my Curve and really liked it except for the bulk.

Any thoughts for a professional looking case for the Storm2?
    11-21-09 08:46 AM
    I personally did like the look of the leather and chrome combo, but the holster wasn't stable. The adjustable clicks on the holster don't hold in place, way too much wiggle room. I ended up going with the plastic combo, much better feel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 10:36 AM
    I went with a Curve holster. Fits the Storm 2 perfectly, not terribly flashy, and it's adjustable (from vertical to horizontal). The magnet for sleep mode works, too. I'm very happy with it.
    11-21-09 07:14 PM
    I personally did like the look of the leather and chrome combo, but the holster wasn't stable. The adjustable clicks on the holster don't hold in place, way too much wiggle room. I ended up going with the plastic combo, much better feel.

I did the same thing. I had bought the body glove case originally, but then went to the store today with every intention of purchasing the leather combo, but ended up getting the plastic combo instead because it fit better
    11-21-09 07:23 PM
    I bought the Leather combo with my Storm2 this week, mostly because I really like the look of it with the leather and chrome. I did find though that the magnet is not present, too weak or too obstructed by the covering to actually put the Storm2 into sleep mode. I returned to the store and we tried another leather holster with the same issue. One of the reps placed his magnetic name tag inside the leather case and it stuck but just barely while the plastic case's exposed magnet really grabbed the tag. I decided that I'm going to check another store to see if maybe my local store just had a bad batch of holsters before I decide on exchanging it and for which one.

-Steven Dillingham
    11-21-09 11:47 PM
    I went with a Curve holster. Fits the Storm 2 perfectly, not terribly flashy, and it's adjustable (from vertical to horizontal). The magnet for sleep mode works, too. I'm very happy with it.
    is the curve holster the same as the tour one?
    11-22-09 01:12 AM
    is the curve holster the same as the tour one?
    No. The magnet to put the phone to sleep is in a different location for the tour.

11-22-09 01:17 AM
    No. The magnet to put the phone to sleep is in a different location for the tour.

so the tour holster would not work for the storm 2?
    can i use the bold or curve holster?
    thanks!
    11-24-09 03:21 AM
    I have the BB lateral case. All black with the BB logo in a metal in the corner of the flap.
    11-24-09 04:45 AM
    anybody have a link or pic of the "leather combo case" u speak of? I'd definitely like to check this out.
    11-24-09 05:21 AM
    Any thoughts for a professional looking case for the Storm2?
    Sold here and about $15 less than ShopBlackberry web site.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-leather-horizontal-pouch/4A120A4261.htm
    11-24-09 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD