Would anyone be able to tell me if this vehicle mount:

http://shop.crackberry.com/arkon-air...medium=content

Would work properly with my OtterBox Commuter or OtterBox Defender Case ?
    Thank you.
    03-11-10 08:13 PM
    Just FYI, when the Storm first came out, some people reported weird touchscreen response associated with using a vent mount. I can't remember where that thread went, but I remember something pertaining to the mount specifically.
    03-11-10 08:39 PM
    Just FYI, when the Storm first came out, some people reported weird touchscreen response associated with using a vent mount. I can't remember where that thread went, but I remember something pertaining to the mount specifically.
    Do you remember what caused the problem ?
    And you say touch screen response as you know the OtterBox is very protective, if the problem is pressure related (as in when the phone clips in theres added pressure on all sides causing the screen to be unresponsive) the OtterBox Defender or Commuter (if it will fit) will deffinetly protect against somthing like that happening.

At least I hope cause I am really interested in getting it, but I just need to know if it will work with my cases.
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 03-11-10 at 09:15 PM.
    03-11-10 09:13 PM
    This won't help with your case issue but I use one without a case and have no issues whatsoever. I did turn off that particular vent so hot/cold air won't be blown directly on my Storm.
    03-12-10 05:36 AM
    Would anyone be able to tell me if this vehicle mount:

http://shop.crackberry.com/arkon-air...medium=content

Would work properly with my OtterBox Commuter or OtterBox Defender Case ?
    Thank you.
    No, it won't. Just look at the picture; the phone has no case. The thickness of the case will not allow you to put it in the mobile mount, just like it will not allow you to use it with the stock holster.
    03-12-10 08:53 AM
    No, it won't. Just look at the picture; the phone has no case. The thickness of the case will not allow you to put it in the mobile mount, just like it will not allow you to use it with the stock holster.
    Yeah, but obviously to hold the phone in place the clips must bend to a certain degree. I would be a little hessitant on trying to fit the Defender in there but, as for the commuter in all honesty its not that bulky.
    03-12-10 09:45 AM
    Anyone have an answer to this yet, I emailed the company's support center but its been a couple of days and I still have not heard back from them.
    03-15-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD