03-13-09 12:06 PM
55 123
tools
    Well looks like I am the first person to get a vaja case for my storm. I got the leather pouch in friar brown was delivered by FedEx today. The case was expensive but it is GREAT! I took a risk and ordered it even though Vaja claimed that there wouldn't be a sleeper magnet intitially. They obviously revised the case design and ADDED sleeper magnet AND a cut out for the USB micro slot. These were NOT in the intital spec or product pictures. They have since updated the product pictures but still have no mention of the sleeper magnet.

The case is SUPER small and has the thinnest form factor of all the leather pouches I have seen so far. I own the fortte slim pouch and the OEM sleeve. This thing is by far the best in terms of build quality and form factor. The only draw backs are that the fit is very tight (I would guess this will loosen up with usage) and the corners are somewhat exposed. The fortte case offers more protection but it is MUCH larger and adds much more bulk to the storm. If there is sufficient interest I will take pictures and post. Looks like we have a winner here!
    I'd love to see pictures of your Vaja case if you don't mind. I honestly could not find any pictures anywhere other than on Vaja's own website.

Also, what material makes the case ridgid? Is there a thin layer of plastic or metal in the case? Or is it 100% leather? Does the case bend?
    02-19-09 12:15 PM
    I'm ordering one also...

Did anyone notice on their site the dropped the lead time down to 20 days?

It use to be in the 40s I thought.
    03-11-09 05:03 PM
    I have seen the cases and they look nice.
    03-11-09 05:49 PM
    Sorry about the double post.
    03-11-09 05:50 PM
    Also, what material makes the case ridgid? Is there a thin layer of plastic or metal in the case? Or is it 100% leather? Does the case bend?
    Dunno what makes it rigid...but it definitely is (other than the hinge which is all leather). I doubt its metal; probably some type of plastic.

The case is pretty sick. I have a couple of negatives though (one is kinda major). Just see this other Vaja Ivolution thread:

Crackberry Thread
    Last edited by keeena; 03-13-09 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Updated link...quirky CB forum editor
    03-13-09 12:06 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD