03-13-09 12:06 PM
55 123
tools
    To the people who have one - how was it in your pocket? Did it feel way more bulky?
    02-06-09 12:04 PM
    Got a Vaja Balance with UltraClip on order; I don't like the idea of a piece of leather hanging from my phone while making calls.
    Yeah exactly my point but the balance doesn't have any of the blue colors they are all like the brownish tints
    02-06-09 03:43 PM
    I keep him in my pocket and it feels fine, but for those that wear skinny jeans they wil run into problems.
    02-06-09 03:50 PM
    I believe it does flip all the way to the back. You can go to youtube and check the vaja reviews. May not have Ivolution reviews for BB storm, but do have Ivolution reviews for Iphone. Both are same design. So, it will give some ideas how Ivolution case looks like.

** can not post a link since I have less than 10 posts **

I got a response from Vaja: the cover is NOT removable. I'm waiting to see if it does at least flip all the way to the back of the device. I agree that if the cover only rotates ~180* as shown in the pics, it make the phone harder to use and near impossible in landscape mode.

Too bad; i LOVE the Ivolution case otherwise. Every other case w/ screen protection is bulky & ugly.

[EDIT] Cover does not flip all the way to the back either. I asked them to seriously consider re-designing.
    02-06-09 03:58 PM
    My case for my Treo 650 opens from the top and flips back, it felt like I was using a flip phone, although the phone was a bar phone. I got to really like it. I'm not as crazy that this one flips down, but I'll try to remember to write a note on it after I use it for a bit (get it, even, as it takes 45 days....) They are excellant quality, and pretty colors at that!! Worth the money if you can afford it and plan to keep a phone for 2 yrs. I wanted something I like that has protection for the phone.
    Last edited by walkingrock; 02-06-09 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling/typo!
    02-06-09 09:43 PM
    I believe it does flip all the way to the back. You can go to youtube and check the vaja reviews.
    Thanks...didn't think of checking YouTube & didn't realize they made similar case for the iPhone. But seeing those vids for iPhone i'd have to agree with you. Their reply was "No" when i asked if it detached or flipped to the back.

Pic of the ivolution flipped back on the iPhone:
    Last edited by keeena; 02-09-09 at 05:01 PM.
    02-09-09 04:59 PM
    I have the Fortte Leather PDA Case Thin Pocket for BlackBerry Storm, I like it a lot better than the blackberry OEM pouch.

Leather case for BlackBerry Storm
    Well looks like I am the first person to get a vaja case for my storm. I got the leather pouch in friar brown was delivered by FedEx today. The case was expensive but it is GREAT! I took a risk and ordered it even though Vaja claimed that there wouldn't be a sleeper magnet intitially. They obviously revised the case design and ADDED sleeper magnet AND a cut out for the USB micro slot. These were NOT in the intital spec or product pictures. They have since updated the product pictures but still have no mention of the sleeper magnet.

The case is SUPER small and has the thinnest form factor of all the leather pouches I have seen so far. I own the fortte slim pouch and the OEM sleeve. This thing is by far the best in terms of build quality and form factor. The only draw backs are that the fit is very tight (I would guess this will loosen up with usage) and the corners are somewhat exposed. The fortte case offers more protection but it is MUCH larger and adds much more bulk to the storm. If there is sufficient interest I will take pictures and post. Looks like we have a winner here!
    02-09-09 05:25 PM
    Wow. Never thought the case will come with magnet. If it's not too much trouble, post some pics .

Since this case now comes with magnet, I have to think again which one to order, the pocket case or ivolution case for my storm.

Well looks like I am the first person to get a vaja case for my storm. I got the leather pouch in friar brown was delivered by FedEx today. The case was expensive but it is GREAT! I took a risk and ordered it even though Vaja claimed that there wouldn't be a sleeper magnet intitially. They obviously revised the case design and ADDED sleeper magnet AND a cut out for the USB micro slot. These were NOT in the intital spec or product pictures. They have since updated the product pictures but still have no mention of the sleeper magnet.

The case is SUPER small and has the thinnest form factor of all the leather pouches I have seen so far. I own the fortte slim pouch and the OEM sleeve. This thing is by far the best in terms of build quality and form factor. The only draw backs are that the fit is very tight (I would guess this will loosen up with usage) and the corners are somewhat exposed. The fortte case offers more protection but it is MUCH larger and adds much more bulk to the storm. If there is sufficient interest I will take pictures and post. Looks like we have a winner here!
    02-09-09 08:17 PM
    If there is sufficient interest I will take pictures and post. Looks like we have a winner here!
    Yes, please.

Can you please post a side by side pic of all three cases for comparison. Thanks.
    02-09-09 09:33 PM
    Beautiful case. Vaja does not disappoint!
    02-09-09 10:34 PM
    Whoa. That Vaja makes the other pouches look like crap. Fits like a glove and very sleek.

Definitely looks like a quality build worth its price.
    02-09-09 10:38 PM
    Whoa. That Vaja makes the other pouches look like crap. Fits like a glove and very sleek.

Definitely looks like a quality build worth its price.
    if you think the vaja makes the other "look" like crap you have to feel each case with the phone in it.

the "hand feel" of the vaja case with the phone in it is by far the best.

added bonus you can access the volume-up-down buttons WITHOUT having to remove the phone. this is a HUGE plus for me since i use my storm as a media source for music in my car. now i can skip tracks without partially removing the phone from case.
    02-09-09 10:47 PM
    When did you order your case? I ordered mine on the 13th of Jan and the wait is starting to kill me! I ordered the balance in bitter chocolate
    02-09-09 10:52 PM
    02-09-09 10:53 PM
    When did you order your case? I ordered mine on the 13th of Jan and the wait is starting to kill me! I ordered the balance in bitter chocolate
    ordered 12.26.2008. delivered today 02.09.2009, total of 46 days. i was quoted a 45 day lead time when i ordered. worth the wait.
    02-09-09 10:57 PM
    just ordered 1
    Let the incredibly painful wait begin
    02-09-09 10:57 PM
    Wow.....beautiful case. Thanks for pics.
    02-10-09 09:50 AM
    Ordered Jan 27...Mine should be here somewhere around March 10. iVolution Top SP...Nautical blue with grey stripe and inside and my name on it, plus a sturdy clip...can't wait!!!
    02-14-09 11:11 PM
    If there is sufficient interest I will take pictures and post. Looks like we have a winner here!
    Yes. I have not seen a single picture of the Vaja case on a Storm (other than on the vaja website). You could be the first.
    02-14-09 11:51 PM
    Does anyone know if the SP version of the case has a sleeper magnet?

Thanks, I really want to order one. Cafeteria Black with a Rosso Strip.
    02-15-09 12:29 AM
    Does anyone know if the SP version of the case has a sleeper magnet?

Thanks, I really want to order one. Cafeteria Black with a Rosso Strip.
    According to their web site it does.
    02-15-09 02:13 AM
    I would love one of these. The Ivolution top Sp is the way to go. so sick.

Wouldn't the magnet in the case f*** with the electronics in the phone? Possibly the touchscreen?
    02-15-09 03:24 AM
    I would love one of these. The Ivolution top Sp is the way to go. so sick.

Wouldn't the magnet in the case f*** with the electronics in the phone? Possibly the touchscreen?
    no it won't f it up, magnets are used for the blackberry proximity detection system to put the phone to "sleep" in the holster. its a good thing, buying a case without a magnet is stupid, especially since you can't manually put the phone to sleep easily.
    02-15-09 07:38 AM
    According to their web site it does.
    Thanks, mate.

Does anyone know if you can still feel vibration through the case? I tend to keep it in my pocket at work/school.

Dislike to ask Vaja directly because they tend to be biased.
    02-15-09 12:08 PM
    Thanks, mate.

Does anyone know if you can still feel vibration through the case? I tend to keep it in my pocket at work/school.

Dislike to ask Vaja directly because they tend to be biased.

I had no problem feeling the vibrate with my Treo 650 that I had a Vaja case for. Haven't gotten my case for the Storm yet, it is being made as we speak. I fully expect that it will vibrate just fine with a Vaja case.
    02-17-09 10:23 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD