Hi everyone,

I've been searching in the skin/case threads, and while this topic was addressed tangentially, I wanted to make sure I had this correct before making a purchase.

There doesn't seem to be a protective skin that works without user intervention (i.e. removing the skin) with the OEM charging dock. The options I've found are (with pros/cons in parentheses)

1. Innocase II/360 + Innocase charging dock (expensive)
    2. Snap off bottom of Innocase II + OEM charging dock (somewhat expensive, somewhat manual)
    3. BSE/Zagg skin + OEM charging dock (not ideal for maximum protection)
    4. Silicone skin, remove when using OEM charging dock (labor intensive)

Is there an option that is cheap, involves no manual labor, and offers maximal protection?

If not, I think I may bite the $60 bullet for option 1 ($36 for the Innocase 360 and $25 for the charger).
    04-21-09 07:12 PM
    What type of silicone skin are you planning on using? I have one I ordered from amazon and it takes all of 3 secs to slide it on and off.
    04-21-09 07:17 PM
    I am not sure about all of the things you listed but I have a charging dock and I keep my curve skinned. It is absolutley not labor intensive to use both. It takes all of 5 seconds to take a skin off put it in charger and to put skin back on.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-21-09 07:20 PM
    What type of silicone skin are you planning on using? I have one I ordered from amazon and it takes all of 3 secs to slide it on and off.
    My preference is actually for something like the Incipio feather or Innocase 360, which take a bit more effort than the OEM silicone skin. I'm not a big fan of bulky silicone cases that collect lint.

Even with the OEM silicone skin, 3 seconds to take off + 3 seconds to put on x 365 days per year = 55 minutes per year. Perhaps I'm a little too obsessive about this...
    04-21-09 07:22 PM
    My preference is actually for something like the Incipio feather or Innocase 360, which take a bit more effort than the OEM silicone skin. I'm not a big fan of bulky silicone cases that collect lint.

Even with the OEM silicone skin, 3 seconds to take off + 3 seconds to put on x 365 days per year = 55 minutes per year. Perhaps I'm a little too obsessive about this...
    The seconds mentioned in this post and mine are complete seconds. And yes u are entirely too obsessive about this.

04-21-09 07:25 PM
    The seconds mentioned in this post and mine are complete seconds. And yes u are entirely too obsessive about this.

You can't blame me, we are on the Crackberry forums after all. Without an obsessive nature we'd probably be among the ignorant non-Crackberried masses
    Last edited by bleistift; 04-21-09 at 07:59 PM.
    04-21-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD