So I have Motorolla chargers and car chargers that fit the mini usb port on the phone. Any way it can damage my phone or battery if I use them?
    08-21-10 05:04 AM
    I bought a car charger for my 9700 in Atlanta for my 9700 because I forgot to pack my regular charger. It was an off brand from Radio Shack. I don't like the way it made my 9700 feel, it felt hot while on a charge. I left it at the front desk at the hotel when I checked out.
    08-21-10 06:02 AM
    Honestly, I do use other chargers that fit into the small port. I haven't had any problems.

Qbnkelt, I don't use off brands, but I will use it if it is by a brand I know (motorola).
    08-21-10 08:05 AM
    I am using my OEM 9700 car charger and now have two OEM charging pods for my Torch, one for my office and one for home. I only have purchased off-brand charger for my wife's and my son's phones, an i3Gs and Solstice only when OEM are not availableM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 08:22 AM
    If it is a mini USB charger, you should be ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 08:28 AM
    I would be careful. Although they may all have mini USBs they charge at different voltages. For instance, if you try and use the charger that is supplied with a bluetooth ear piece, it wont work. That's because it emits a lower voltage as to not cook the tiny battery in the ear piece. Having said that, I doubt any mini USB charger would emit enough voltage to cook a BB battery (or any other mobile device battery).
    08-21-10 09:31 AM
    Yes, you have to make sure it's the correct voltage. I bought a home charger on ebay for $5, it's a cheap made in China one and was labeled for Motorola, but it works just fine on my Torch.
    08-21-10 09:40 AM
    I rarely have to charge in the middle of the day but I use an old charger from a Treo I used to have and that works perfectly fine.
    08-21-10 09:47 AM