just brought my tour back to the store to get a replacement bc my trackball clicking wasnt working. they replaced it with a new device and the original screen protector is still on it.

has anyone just left this one on? does it start to look worse over time? does it start to peel over time, and if so how long?

i really find the only annoying thing about it the tab that sticks out for easy removal but i can always just cut that off.

thanks.
    08-11-09 06:43 PM
    Why not buy a real screen protector. That one is just to protect it during shipping.

forkup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 06:58 PM
    Its been a week and a half since I purchased my Tour, and I still have the original screen protector. The protector hasn't peeled off or anything yet, its still pretty solid. I did however cut the tab off cause it was TOO noticeable. Other than that its still holding up.
    08-11-09 06:58 PM
    Its been a month since I got my Tour and I still use the original screen protector with the holster. Mine still looks like the day I got it. I do plan on applying my PhantomSkinz soon though.

08-11-09 07:02 PM
    I still have mine after 3 weeks. I cut the tab off mine as well after dust started sticking on the underside. I'm planning on buying a new one in the future though.
    08-11-09 07:08 PM
    I got my Tour replaced a few days ago because my trackball sucked. Had a PhantomSkin on my first Tour, but didn't feel like re-applying in case this Tour ended up crapping out too.

I'm leaving the original screen protector on and I've had no problems. The tab is a little annoying, but I think I'll cut it off, now that you mention it.
    08-11-09 07:09 PM
    Take off your screen protector, live a little
    08-11-09 07:12 PM
    Why not buy a real screen protector. That one is just to protect it during shipping.

forkup

bc i applied a phantom skin and it looked horrible, feel like im gonna have same result from applying a zagg, and i dont know of anywhere that i can get it installed for me in my area, i live on long island, ny, if anyone knows of a place that will install it for me
    08-11-09 07:14 PM
    I used the original for 2 weeks after launch. I bought my wife a Tour and realized it was time to take it off. I had cut the tab off because it was annoying over my back and end keys.

I plan on buying some but not too urgent for me right now.

08-11-09 07:17 PM
    Took that off the day I brought the tour home. Got a real one from seidio.
    08-11-09 07:18 PM
    I still have the original one on after a week, cut the tab off, I will probably replace it soon though.

08-11-09 07:23 PM
    my main problem is installing it, and the ones at the kiosk here at the mall suck
    08-11-09 07:59 PM
    Those aren't really a "Screen Protector" and aren't really meant for use "in the field"
    08-11-09 08:01 PM
    Take off your screen protector, live a little
    That's the first thing I did when I got the thing home... Otherwise you really can't appreciate the resolution on the thing, right?

I despise those original protectors.
    08-11-09 08:08 PM
    I left mine on. I'll be getting a new one tomorrow. I'll leave it on until I get the new screen. I'm going real OCD with the replacement I get tomorrow. Probably carry the box around until I get all my screen protectors and cases since it's my secondary line. Can't wait to have the new one up and running.
    08-11-09 08:21 PM
    i never had the chance to leave it on because the stupid verizon employee took it off when i told him to transfer my contacts. went out and got invisible shield the next day.
    08-11-09 08:32 PM
    I wish mine still had the origional. Was taken off when I got it. The 1st one I got I got a protector and lost it with my exchange and don't want to waste another one yet. Here in Ottawa the only one I can get is at Best buy for $16 just for the screen (and it's for the 8900).
    08-11-09 08:58 PM
    I got the privacy protector from the Verizon store for $7. Best investment Ive made so far. It works great for the purpose of keeping prying eyes off my tour at work, and it looks great on the phone. Couple of coworkers went out and bought them after seeing how nice it looked and they love them too.
    08-11-09 09:07 PM
    I got the privacy protector from the Verizon store for $7. Best investment Ive made so far. It works great for the purpose of keeping prying eyes off my tour at work, and it looks great on the phone. Couple of coworkers went out and bought them after seeing how nice it looked and they love them too.
    The wavy lines due to the polarization don't bother you with the privacy protector? They drove me bonkers (moreso than normal, anyway).
    08-11-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD