I've been collecting photos of celebrities with BlackBerry's. Most of the photos show the celebrity with their BlackBerry WITHOUT a case.

Now, I wonder, is it because they have so much money, if it got damaged they could just buy another, or is it because 'people' in general don't like cases?

I want my BlackBerry to last forever, and thus don't want to drop it, or damage it in anyway, so:

Last edited by itwesq; 10-22-07 at 08:53 PM.
    03-17-07 09:47 PM
    I'm still looking for a great streamline case for my BB. Most of the time I use a case....the one I have, which is leather is falling apart and didn't hold up well. When I use my BB in the car, connects via BT to the phone in my car, I find myself carrying it in my hand - just like the celebs But for me..I still think a case is best....Murphy's Law - when I don't have it in a case, I find I drop it more.....
    03-17-07 10:12 PM
    I use a case. I'm guessing the celebs don't since they can easily afford a new BB when they damage theirs. However, I know several people who think the Pearl looks too good to hide it in a case.
    03-17-07 10:15 PM
    I definitly use a case, not that crappy plastic one that came with my 8703e either which scratches it up..lol..I paid retail for my BB so that I wouldn't be tied into a contract (so I really want to keep it safe)
    I found a nice genuine BB lambskin one from the Bell Mobility website, not as bulky as the common black leather one I see so many using.
    03-18-07 02:43 AM
    Am going to take a look at the case you refer to...thanks for the tip...

I definitly use a case, not that crappy plastic one that came with my 8703e either which scratches it up..lol..I paid retail for my BB so that I wouldn't be tied into a contract (so I really want to keep it safe)
    I found a nice genuine BB lambskin one from the Bell Mobility website, not as bulky as the common black leather one I see so many using.
    03-18-07 11:46 AM
    Nav - I like that case...Where is it from?
    03-18-07 02:43 PM
    Hmmm, I know this is an older thread, but now I'm pondering the "case/not to case" question.

Where I live, BlackBerrys are very very widely used, and I have NEVER seen anyone with a case. Guys clip it to their belt holster; women throw it in their handbag. (Mostly, people here in Washington have them permanently attached to their hands, lol, me included. )

I do worry about scratching and other damage to my device. Just how durable are Blackberrys? Do those of you with cases find that they get in the way?
    04-29-07 05:20 PM
    From time to time, when am under someone's desk (I work in I.T.) it gets in my way, but besides that, no...

ps: I've added 'holster' to the main title...
    04-29-07 08:18 PM
    Nav - I like that case...Where is it from?
    I believe that is a T-Mobile case. You can walk in any of their stores and get one.
    04-29-07 09:29 PM
    When I carry a bag over my shoulder or handbag I will sometimes throw it in and make sure it's locked however, I like to have easier access to it - check it more often, phone rings, etc.... so I find there are some very nice streamlined cases out there that work well. Holsters work well too. Depending on what I'm wearing, I will wear it at my waist in a streamlined case. There are also times I will place it in a pocket locked if I have a pocket where it won't stick out.

I find the 8700 very durable except I wouldn't want to scratch the screen. Most of the time the case doesn't get in the way at all.

Are there some cases or holsters you were considering in specific, cosmopolitan?

Hmmm, I know this is an older thread, but now I'm pondering the "case/not to case" question.

Where I live, BlackBerrys are very very widely used, and I have NEVER seen anyone with a case. Guys clip it to their belt holster; women throw it in their handbag. (Mostly, people here in Washington have them permanently attached to their hands, lol, me included. )

I do worry about scratching and other damage to my device. Just how durable are Blackberrys? Do those of you with cases find that they get in the way?
    04-29-07 10:58 PM
    Are there some cases or holsters you were considering in specific, cosmopolitan?

I'm thinking about this Covertec Luxury Flip Leather Case in red; it's sold out here, but available elsewhere.

(Apparently, I can't post URLs til I have 10 posts , but here's a pic attached.)
    04-30-07 10:17 AM
    Yes, I know that case - very nice.

Also, if you haven't alreayd you might want to take a look at:

THESE
    THESE
    AND THESE
    Hope these help.
    Also...you will get to 10 posts in no time
    Let us know what you decide on a case.
    04-30-07 10:38 AM
    ^^^Thanks for your suggestions, MMB916.

It's funny that, after all the discounts/rebates, I purchased my 8703e Blackberry from Verizon for only $49.99, but now I'm looking at cases that cost $40-80!
    04-30-07 11:54 AM
    Cosmopolitan, don't worry about it. It just increases the value of your device! LOL

Mine is now worth about $550! (BlackBerry 8800, with Seidio Rubberized combo)...
    04-30-07 12:59 PM
    Ok, I just ordered one of the cases that MMB916 recommended, from Sena:
    04-30-07 02:17 PM
    Love it!! Looks great in red!!

Yes, Cosmopolitan - not unusual...usually dressing up your gadget is more expensive than the gadget itself Kind of like a gaming device with games and accessories or a dog with clothes (ok - I KNOW some people think it's absurd to dress dogs just illustrating a point )

If you have a chance and are so inclined, it would be great to see your new case when you receive it with your deivce in it. The personal touch!

Congratulations on your new purchase and enjoy!
    04-30-07 02:47 PM
    Love it!! Looks great in red!!

Yes, Cosmopolitan - not unusual...usually dressing up your gadget is more expensive than the gadget itself
    GF, believe me, I am ALL ABOUT ACCESSORIES, lol, especially expensive ones! It does look cute in red! And don't you like how it matches my avatar--not to mention the red header bar on the screen of my 8703e VZW BB?

Thanks again for the advice.
    04-30-07 03:03 PM
    Definitely - matches very well - love the coordination!! And I'm with you on accessories.

Happy to help!

GF, believe me, I am ALL ABOUT ACCESSORIES, lol, especially expensive ones! It does look cute in red! And don't you like how it matches my avatar--not to mention the red header bar on the screen of my 8703e VZW BB?

Thanks again for the advice.
    04-30-07 03:07 PM
    Good choice.

I was going to recommend Naztech. They make some great cases....

HERE
    04-30-07 03:09 PM
    i've gotta say, its really hard for me to want to put my beautiful Pearl in a case or holster...however, when wearing scrubs, i've got a serious dilemma, cuz i've only got two pockets: a shirt/breast-pocket, and a butt-pocket. needless to say, i can't put it in my butt-pocket, cuz i'll sit on it...and putting it in my shirt/breast-pocket is a constant stressor, cuz when i bend down / lean over to pick something up, more often than not, things just slide right out...lol.

SOoooo...after being stressed for over a month (by putting my Pearl in my shirt pocket), i broke down and purchased a Seidio holster. in my opinion, its a very well made product, is sturdy and well designed, and is perfect for me. my one complaint is that it automatically puts the phone into standby. there are times when i would like to put the phone in the holster, screen/key side out, and have the phone accessable...but alas, i guess you can't have everything in life...lol.
    04-30-07 10:17 PM
    Nice case Cos. You made a good choice.
    05-01-07 04:29 AM
    Does make sense. Hate to cover up a beauty!
    Sounds like you have examined the situation and made the best decision
    i've gotta say, its really hard for me to want to put my beautiful Pearl in a case or holster...however, when wearing scrubs, i've got a serious dilemma, cuz i've only got two pockets: a shirt/breast-pocket, and a butt-pocket. needless to say, i can't put it in my butt-pocket, cuz i'll sit on it...and putting it in my shirt/breast-pocket is a constant stressor, cuz when i bend down / lean over to pick something up, more often than not, things just slide right out...lol.

SOoooo...after being stressed for over a month (by putting my Pearl in my shirt pocket), i broke down and purchased a Seidio holster. in my opinion, its a very well made product, is sturdy and well designed, and is perfect for me. my one complaint is that it automatically puts the phone into standby. there are times when i would like to put the phone in the holster, screen/key side out, and have the phone accessable...but alas, i guess you can't have everything in life...lol.
    05-01-07 10:54 AM
    If you don't want to get your Blackberry damaged, i suggest OtterBox. I use one for my Blackberry and i have dropped it so many times and it's still in perfect condition. I was reading their blog today and it looks like they are coming out with semi rugged cases. you should check it out!
    06-05-07 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD