I have had my Tour for about two weeks and I have noticed something odd. If I charge my BB with the wall charger it will last 8-12 hrs. However, it seems if I charge with the USB cable it seems to last for two, sometimes three, days! Is this normal or am I missing something?
    12-28-09 08:25 AM
    Something is definitely odd about your experience. Wall chargers typically are a more reliable charging source that a USB port. However, a full charge is a full charge, regardless of source. Tours have notoriously poor battery life. I typically change batteries in the late afternoon every day. I can't imagine getting 2-3 days use from a single battery, regardless of charging source.
    12-28-09 08:31 AM
    Well how about this for odd. Everyday I charge my phone at 6pm, unplug at 9 and put it into "standby" for the night. When I wake at 6am the next morning sometimes it will be at 95% battery and sometimes it will be at 50%. What is causing such an extreme difference?
    12-28-09 08:38 AM
    I have had my Tour for about two weeks and I have noticed something odd. If I charge my BB with the wall charger it will last 8-12 hrs. However, it seems if I charge with the USB cable it seems to last for two, sometimes three, days! Is this normal or am I missing something?
    Did your use varied from your 2 exemples?

I know that usb charge slower than the wall, but I never noticed any difference between the 2 types and ccharging life...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 08:44 AM
    It sounds like something is taking it out of standby during the night. If you have anything running other than the 5 always-running apps (Messages, Messenger, Home Screen, Phone, and Browser), consider whether it could be waking up your phone.
    12-28-09 08:47 AM
    Standby isn't the same as power off. Even in standby the device is still using the radio signal.
    12-28-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD