okay so, i plugged the usb into my phone and computer, but the computer cant find my phone

what am i supposed to do!?
    and i have no idea how to download the software and stuff...
    07-11-08 01:09 AM
    What are you trying to do?
    07-11-08 01:15 AM
    You need to have the BB software on your pc for it to connect with your device. You can download it off of your carriers site.
    You need to install the Desktop Manager and the same OS that is on your device.

BB Software DL sites
    07-11-08 01:22 AM
    Yup as tyroni said. The drivers need to be on your pc for it to recognize your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 01:27 AM
    yeah i went to their site, but i had no idea which software to download
    and when i was trying to download it was asking me for like my business and address and stuff?
    is that supposed to be right?
    07-11-08 12:01 PM
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Purchased my Curve in May and am now having to already replace the usb cable that came with it. Make sure it's not just a bad cable, like mine.
    07-11-08 12:07 PM
    If you received the BlackBerry CD, it contains the USB drivers that are required for Windows XP. Windows Vista has them pre-installed.

If you do not have the CD, you can download the USB and Modem Drivers from BlackBerry support.

07-11-08 01:44 PM
    To get right down to it... the PC cannot talk to your Berry without drivers.

Install DesktopManager from the included CD or from your carrier's website or from BlackBerry's website!
    07-11-08 01:47 PM
    Well the PC should STILL recognize the BB as an external storage device.....try a diff USB port and/or cable............even without the OEM software on your PC........it should still at least pick it up...........is the software installed on the desktop?
    07-11-08 01:50 PM
    the problem is that i dont know which software to download
    someone gave the phone to me and they only gave me the phone and its charger so idont have anything else
    i borrowed the usb cable from somebody
    07-11-08 02:38 PM
    The first thing you do is charge the battery.

If it starts up, all is fine. If it fails to start, that is where we can help you.

Which verison of Windows are you using?
    07-11-08 03:52 PM