the better method of charging the 9700? My friend says the charging pod is better because you aren't always plugging in the ubs cord, which he says could damage the ubs port on your phone.

Any truth to this? With my other blackberrys, I always used the ubs port and never had any problems. Any feedback on this would be great.

Timothy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 02:17 PM
    OEM or Seidio charging pod to save the abuse to the USB. If the USB is damaged, OTA or bluetooth updates will take forever.
    01-23-10 03:25 PM
    Charging pod eliminates the chance of USB damage no matter the risk is small. Highly recommended. My 9000 would not be happy to lose its cradle.

01-23-10 03:53 PM
    the better method of charging the 9700? My friend says the charging pod is better because you aren't always plugging in the ubs cord, which he says could damage the ubs port on your phone.

Any truth to this? With my other blackberrys, I always used the ubs port and never had any problems. Any feedback on this would be great.

Timothy

sorry to point this out but "UBS" is the most common mistake i get when customers come in to ask for cables/sticks/accessories lol

USB
    01-23-10 08:55 PM
    Ease up on the editorial comment for a typo.

01-23-10 10:58 PM
    The charging pod also makes your BlackBerry into a great alarm clock if you use bedside mode.
    01-24-10 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD