When my Tour is in the charging cradle the clock displays and the keyboard is lighted...neither of which I want. Is there a way I can turn these off? I'm guessing there isn't and this is just another one of RIM's "imposed" features.
    12-05-09 09:55 AM
    Just hit the end button while its in the cradle, and within a few seconds the screen should fade to black. I do this to mine since i find the clock screen staying lit rather annoying as well.
    12-05-09 10:06 AM
    Did you guys check in the clock menu settings?
    If you set it to "do nothing" when charging does it still light up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 10:10 AM
    Just hit the end button while its in the cradle, and within a few seconds the screen should fade to black. I do this to mine since i find the clock screen staying lit rather annoying as well.
    That did it (uses the time you have set in the display time-out). Many thanks! Odd...this is absolutely no where in the Tour manual.
    12-05-09 10:23 AM
    Lots of things not in the manual that comes with the phone. You can goto www.vzw.com/data select your device and I believe down by the bottom of the page, there should be a link to D/L the entire manual in PDF format. If not, you will need to search for it. If you cannot find it, call VZW and a rep should be able to email it to you
    Last edited by lastraid; 12-05-09 at 10:28 AM.
    12-05-09 10:25 AM
    I have my Tour to go into Bedtime mode when its charging, so the Tour only displays the clock which I use for a alarm clock at night.
    12-05-09 10:35 AM
    Lots of things not in the manual that comes with the phone. You can goto www.vzw.com/data select your device and I believe down by the bottom of the page, there should be a link to D/L the entire manual in PDF format. If not, you will need to search for it. If you cannot find it, call VZW and a rep should be able to email it to you
    That's the manual I was looking at :-)
    12-05-09 10:39 AM
    I have my Tour to go into Bedtime mode when its charging, so the Tour only displays the clock which I use for a alarm clock at night.
    I too use Bedside Mode and love the Bedside Alarm Clock. I love it. Recently, it goes dim after 2 min. I want it on while charging all night (In the nice cradle). How can I keep it lighted all night? Thanks
    12-15-09 07:34 AM
    I too use Bedside Mode and love the Bedside Alarm Clock. I love it. Recently, it goes dim after 2 min. I want it on while charging all night (In the nice cradle). How can I keep it lighted all night? Thanks
    It goes dim on you even when you have it set on bedside mode??

Open up your clock icon, and then hit your blackberry button and go to Options. Scroll down to "clock" and you have an option that says "when charging:" select "Display Clock"

that should so the trick for you
    12-15-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD