So I bought the curve 8900 in July and really like it for the most part except that i cannot get headphones to work. I tried the set it came with as soon as I got it home and they didn't work but I wasn't really worried figuring it was either faulty headphones or something. So I finally got around to it a week or so ago and tried a new pair of regular headphones and the music was distorted and there was a constant high pitched buzz. I took it back to the store and they said I needed a new phone. New phone arrived yesterday and I have the same problem. I know the headphones are plugged in all the way so whats up? Has anyone else had similar problems and is there a fix, or am I just an ***** and am doing something completely wrong?
    10-10-09 08:32 PM
    I actually had the same problem... the sound would also contiue to play out of the speaker. I just turned the jack while connected and I would hit a "sweet" spot and they would be fine
    10-10-09 08:41 PM
    I have had similar issues with my jav... I have tried to replace the headphones to no avail. Upon opening up my baby, I found the headphone jack is mounted on a ribbon cable, not to the circuit board. While it's a weaker design, I like it, for it's far more end-user replaceable...

BlackBerry Curve 8900 OEM headphone jack/camera flex cable - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

open your baby up, carefully remove the old camera/headphone jack and install the new one. The replacement does not come with the camera module, you'll need to carefully remove your current one and install it into the assembly, or if its easier, they have the camera available for purchase separately as well.

PIN me for any questions or help!
    10-11-09 11:13 AM
    Caution: "open your baby up" will VOID your warranty... if it's an issue call your provider and have it replaced under warranty.
    10-11-09 11:44 AM
    My 8900 makes a high pitched whistle when I insert the headphones from time to time. The fix is to twizzle the jack in its socket. Sometimes I have to pull the jack out and put it back in again. I have always managed to fix the problem by doing this.

It is important to insert the headphones prior to starting the music player. This is because the jack socket is not only used for headphones but also for a mic + headphone headset. It seems that running the Music/Media player after the audio headphones are inserted eliminates the problem.

I have several sets of headphones and have found that using my studio 8Ohm cans causes distortion on my BlackBerry. This is because almost all personal music players are optimized for 32 Ohm headphones. If you use 8 Ohm models then the poor little output stage just cannot deliver the current and it distorts.

I also use a BoostaRoo (ebay) to raise the audio output level. This means that I can keep the phone's output level down thus saving its battery. The BoostaRoo uses AA batteries and I would rather replace these than have a flat phone battery
    10-11-09 12:05 PM
    had the same problem with my first 8900....the headphones worked, just had to twist them around in the jack and hit a sweet spot. warranty replaced it, same thing in the "new" one. sent the replacement back and kept my original one i knew was brand new haha.
    10-11-09 04:55 PM
    I am calling warranty again and I suppose requesting yet another phone. Is it really that absurd the expect something I pay a decent amount of $$ on to work properly?
    10-13-09 06:45 PM