My bezel/trackball has arrived today! Two questions tho... I've watched every instructional video out there, and I still can't figure out how to remove the trackball... how do you manage to just pop off the metal cradle surrounding the trackball? Also, the bezel came with black charging contacts for the pod. How do I remove the oem silver ones and put them onto the black one, cuz I heard that the black ones won't conduct electricity? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 04:45 PM
    Have you opened the phone yet? For the metal housing around the trackball, you use a pin to pry it up (where the arrows are pointing). You shouldn't have to use any pressure at all so be gentle.

The charging contacts you just need to pry up the small metal piece where its wedge in between the plastic and then push it from the outside. It's not that hard.

Explanation isn't great but you'll see once you open it.
    Last edited by oz1421; 03-15-10 at 05:51 PM.
    03-15-10 05:45 PM
    Have you opened the phone yet? For the metal housing around the trackball, you use a pin to pry it up (where the arrows are pointing). You shouldn't have to use any pressure at all so be gentle.

The charging contacts you just need to pry up the small metal piece where its wedge in between the plastic and then push it from the outside. It's not that hard.

Explanation isn't great but you'll see once you open it.
    THANKS! I managed to do it!
    03-15-10 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD