I just bought the blackberry skin for the Tour from Best Buy and it makes the fit extremely tight in the holster that came with the phone (pretty much un-usable). I really need the magnet function. I either need a partial skin like this that will fit into the original holster or a holster that will accomodate this skin.

BlackBerry - Rubber Skin for BlackBerry Tour 9630 Cell Phones - Black - 33346BBR
    09-10-09 07:53 AM
    not to be rude or anything, but you should have brought a case called "Epik" case thats from Hong Kong that you can buy off e-bay.

it A LOT better then what u bought and only cost 5 bucks and fits in the holster perfact.

my advice...return it back to best buy, buy the epik case

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/re...-today-295750/

EDIT:... here is the link to the Epic case
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 09-10-09 at 08:00 AM.
    09-10-09 07:57 AM
    + 1 to the previous comment. The Epik case is your best bet for using the OEM holster with a skinned Tour.
    09-10-09 08:17 AM
    I purchased the bb brand skin and it was alright, but after a month skinned, I prefer naked much better.
    09-10-09 08:23 AM
    I purchased the bb brand skin and it was alright, but after a month skinned, I prefer naked much better.
    Same here, the BB skin is horrible imo, such a loose fit, keeps coming off at the bottom corners.
    Naked is better, i just ordered the VZW like rubberized battery door from cnn and will keep it that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 08:41 AM
    +1 to the Epik case!

I too wanted a skin that I could use with the OEM case. I have PhantomSkins to guard against scratches, but it won't do much for shock resistance in a fall. Tried the OEM silicone skins and couldn't use them with the holster, even after stretching it out a bit.

After reading that Epik case thread, I purchased 3 and am very happy with them. My phone is snug in the holster, but still comes out fairly easily.
    09-10-09 09:00 AM
    I bought this one and although its a snug fit in the holster it still fits.
    09-10-09 09:44 AM
    Check out the Case-Mate barely There case.

I posted a brief review here on CB forums.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ca...ilable-311850/
    09-10-09 10:12 AM
    I am using the OEM skin with the holster that came with the Tour. It works fine if you stretch the holster a bit. BTW, you can pick up the OEM skins on EBAY for $5 shipped.

09-10-09 11:00 AM
    I bought the Epik case and it was pretty snug in the stock holster that came with the phone so I got the horizontal holster and it fits in that one better. The horizontal holster is around $13 on amazon. Something to consider.

09-10-09 11:03 AM
    Bb skin and a bold holster here. Excellent fit, all OEM BB off of fleabay

09-10-09 12:47 PM

The sleeper magnet works OK with the Bold holster?
    09-10-09 05:04 PM

Which OEM Bold holster are you using? Is the fit still tight with the skin, or fairly comfortable and easy to get in and out?
    10-11-09 09:28 AM
    I just took the holster that came with the phone and stretched it out till the phone fit perfect, works perfect now. If you dont wanna do that id look around and get a bigger holster.
    10-11-09 10:59 AM
    I really need the magnet function.
    The magnet puts your phone into standby mode. Get the "autostandby" app, and it'll put your phone into standby after a pre-set idle time. Or, you can just put your phone on standby yourself by hitting the Mute key whenever you put it into a holster without a magnet.
    10-11-09 12:50 PM
    The sleeper magnet works OK with the Bold holster?
    No....No it doesn't. It fits the holster fine but the magnet is NOT aligned for the Tour. I had to carefully open the leather case where it was sewn, and move the magnet into the proper place between the inner and outer liners for it to work. Then reseal both halves with gorilla glue without making a huge mess. That was a pain but it now works and if you're not fairly handy with tools I wouldn't recommend this at all. I'd recommend to just buy the appropriate holster and avoid this headache.

We were sent the wrong cases at work and told to use them. VZW told us to keep them rather than send them back since we had removed them from the packaging and I couldn't let my phone sit and die on me as it is a work phone. That's why I got so adventurous because I needed results right then.
    10-11-09 01:10 PM
    EPiK case for the win! I have 3 of them and they fit so nice in the OEM holster that came with my tour. And for less than 10$, you can't go wrong with that...and thats free shipping too!
    10-11-09 01:17 PM
    Like others have said, the case from Epik will fit in the OEM holster.

The Blackberry branded case will fit as well, but is a little snug because the skin itself is "grippier".

You can stretch the holster out a little by putting a deck of cards in it every night.
    10-11-09 02:45 PM
    I use the same skin you have, and it fits tight, but if you use it regularly for about a month, the case loosens up enought to where you can't tell. I prefer the extra protection that they give the phone together
    10-11-09 02:59 PM
    honestly just get ghost armor full body skin and you wouldnt need the skin
    10-11-09 03:20 PM
    Take a look at hyberpad.

Its a small desk pad you can rest your skinned phone on to get the sleeper function.

They are available on amazon.
    11-03-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD