Im thinking of ordering the hard case from here..

http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphon...medium=content

Anyone used it yet?
    Any good screen protectors also?
    08-19-09 10:00 AM
    I haven't tried this case yet, but If i could suggest something else.

I have used the seidio cases for my curve and it has never failed. Except the time I broke my screen, but that wasn't covered by the case. I did have one of those screen protectors.

Long story short, I am waiting for the Seidio Innocase 360 case. on the site it says it comes out, in black, end of this month.

It has the hard cover case, plus a built in screen protector, and a silicon keyboard cover all in two pieces. I would this this would be a better option IMO. It runs for about $35...

check it out: Innocase 360 - Black

good luck!
    08-19-09 10:55 AM
    I like the Verizon Snap On and the Seido screen protector
    08-19-09 12:39 PM
    I have that snap on case, and a zagg screen protector. The hard case does its job but is hard to use the keys on the sides. I just ordered a silicone skin to replace it.
    08-19-09 12:43 PM
    I like the Verizon Snap On and the Seido screen protector
    I use the snap on case from Verizon as well. Its easy to take off and really doesn't collect as much dirt and debris that most cases do. Its also easier to take off than the ones you clip together. Its got a back piece that slides up and makes it easier to take out when you feel the need to clean it.

The only negative is that it leaves 2 microscopic scractes on the back of the phone where it drops into the case. They are very small and cannot be noticed without some investigative work. Also, I am constantly taking it out of the case as well when I'm not in a hazardous environment so that might attribute to the scratches.

As for drop resistence and shock, I couldn't tell you bc I carry my phone as if it was a newborn child even with the case on (got to protect my investment).

And I just bought a screen protector at a mall kiosk and allowed them to put it on for me for a few more bucks. No scracthes and no bubbles...

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 12:48 PM
    I looked at Verizon's site.....interesting cover. I would prefer it in Black or something that seems to go with the phone better. Even the chrome one seems.....I don't know.....sort of fakey looking.......
    08-19-09 01:33 PM
    can you buy it at a verizon store?
    08-19-09 01:35 PM
    Anyone know?
    08-19-09 01:56 PM
    as far as screen protector, I just got Crystal Clear screen protector from Boxwave and it's it awesome in comparison to some of the other sp I used in the past.

click here... Boxwave
    08-19-09 02:49 PM
    can you buy it at a verizon store?
    I think you can. If you search for accessories and then put in your phone type, it shows you accessories for your phone. I didn't try it, but I assume you can then order.
    08-19-09 02:59 PM
    When I got my Tour 9630 from a local Verizon store, I bought a case there (which wasn't on display) that I haven't seen anywhere else. It's really, REALLY nice and comes with a snap-in holster.

It's black with the Seido-type surface. Wraps around sides, bottom and back. Open at the top and the front. Back & sides have narrow, straight horizontal ridges. Tour slides in from the top and snaps in firmly, yet can be removed easily by tweaking a top corner and sliding it out. I know there is one for the Storm because the rep accidentally put a Storm version on my Tour. I (thank goodness) noticed the holes didn't line up so they got the Tour version out of the back room. They threw away the packaging there, so I have no idea what brand it is and there is nothing on the case itself. Came in a blister pack and was $24.99. On my receipt, it is listed as "RIMTOURRHOC **". Even Googled this and came up with nada.
    If you can find one of these, it ranks with the Seido's. I've had Seido's before and thought they were the best until I got this one. I'd put a picture of it on the thread, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
    08-20-09 07:29 PM
    08-20-09 07:34 PM
    That's the case I have and it works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:36 PM
    I bought a hard case from ebay. Looks and feels just like the others. $5.
    08-20-09 07:55 PM
    for a screen protector i just havent removed the plastic that came on it from the box should would there be any difference in buying a new one would it provide any more protection?
    08-20-09 09:35 PM
    Reading this thread, it sure looks like this is IT! Has the same ID as on my receipt. The evaluations of this case/holster are accurate as per my experience with it - lots positive, some negative. Very compact and thin design. Feels very solid and impressive. But, I'm thinking of also getting something that would cover the top and prevent "debris" getting into the case, possibly the Seido 360 (??).
    08-20-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD