Hello all,
    I currently have the Curve and should be getting my tour in the next couple of days. I was wondering if the car charger (and wall charger) from my curve will work on the Tour. Thanks for any replies.
    08-06-09 06:02 PM
    No they will not sucks i just got lucky i went from storm to tour and was able to use a lot of extras you will enjoy the phone though
    08-06-09 06:07 PM
    Get a .97 adapter from Amazon. I got three and they work just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 06:11 PM
    From your Curve 8330, no, they are not compatible. Some Curves use Micro USB, but the 8330 doesn't.

Sucks yeah, but adapters are cheap, and chargers on eBay are cheap too. Don't get suckered into buying one at the store, they're ripping you off, BIG time.
    08-06-09 06:14 PM
    yeah they are ripping you off i have had more store chargers break after time then aftermarket good catch danoh i wouldnt have thought of it
    08-06-09 06:15 PM
    Just buy new OEM chargers. Less hassle.

08-06-09 06:16 PM
    Thanks for the feedback.
    08-07-09 12:34 AM
    I bought 2 new OEM chargers on Amazon.com for like $6 a piece. Look around and you can get them for not too much.
    08-07-09 01:45 AM
    Get a .97 adapter from Amazon. I got three and they work just fine.

My adapters from Amazon were .75 each and I also got three. The phone charges MUST faster with the wall charger. I am using the adapters for a back up but just ordered an OEM wall charger on eBay because it's ridiculous how slow the adapters are.
    08-07-09 06:22 AM
    Ist't it just a usb adapter? Shouldn't have ant effect on charge time. If any thing the Curve charger should be a little faster 750mA vs 700mA.

08-07-09 06:42 AM
    I love the little Morotorla Adapters, picked up 3 of em for 4 bucks on EBAY with free shipping...

My OEM car adapter works great as well as my wall chargers...

Even comes with a lil string to keep it from getting lost if you need the older USB type.

girlfriend can still charge her T-mo dash using the same car adapter....
    08-07-09 07:54 AM
    I love the little Morotorla Adapters, picked up 3 of em for 4 bucks on EBAY with free shipping...

My OEM car adapter works great as well as my wall chargers...

Even comes with a lil string to keep it from getting lost if you need the older USB type.

girlfriend can still charge her T-mo dash using the same car adapter....
    These are the same ones I got - and charging is painfully slow, no one else has noticed this? I left mine on the charger for 3 hours and still didn't have a full charge, it WAS charging because I gained about a bar (or 2) in battery life, but it was taking forever.
    08-07-09 08:18 AM
    These are the same ones I got - and charging is painfully slow, no one else has noticed this? I left mine on the charger for 3 hours and still didn't have a full charge, it WAS charging because I gained about a bar (or 2) in battery life, but it was taking forever.
    Are you talking about the USB adapters or the standard charger? I think wall (or car) chargers are typically a little faster than charging via USB.
    08-07-09 09:42 AM
    There is no difference in charging time for me whether I use the wall charger that came with the tour or if I use another bb wall charger with the micro usb adapter. There IS a difference between charge times when plugged into the wall versus plugged into a usb port on my notebook. Wall charging is much faster.
    08-08-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD