I obsess over pointless things, one of them being what case I should get for my Tour (which I didn't even get yet lol).
    So should I get a silicone case or does anyone recommend the hard snap on cases? I'm leaning towards the silicone ones because they seem more comfortable and easy to take on and off.. but some of the snap on ones have cuter designs lol
    Any opinions?
    08-06-09 07:22 PM
    Obsessively use search.

There's many 'o threads about Tour cases, skins, holsters, etc. Lots of good information out there already! Seek and ye shall find.

I personally prefer Otterbox Defender.
    08-06-09 07:24 PM
    I obsess over the same thing!

I went with the Verizon snap on clear hard case and a Clarivue screen protector for now. And I slip it into the faux leather holster case it came with.

As soon as the Seidio Innocase 360 comes out, game on!

I tried silicone skins with my iPod years ago and hated them. Went with the Contour Showcase and never looked back. Just wish Contour made accessories for BB...I'd buy in a second.
    08-06-09 07:26 PM
    Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page. Protects from scratches while enjoying the pure tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 07:54 PM
    I obsess over the same thing!

I went with the Verizon snap on clear hard case and a Clarivue screen protector for now. And I slip it into the faux leather holster case it came with.

As soon as the Seidio Innocase 360 comes out, game on!

I tried silicone skins with my iPod years ago and hated them. Went with the Contour Showcase and never looked back. Just wish Contour made accessories for BB...I'd buy in a second.
    You are able to fit the Tour in the holster case it came with while in a hard case?

08-06-09 08:21 PM
    i would go with a hard snap cover i got one and i also use my clip that the phone came with i love it. It fits fine and is a good investment.
    08-07-09 05:41 PM
    I just got this guy today:

OEM BlackBerry Black Silicone Gel Skin

Very satisfied.
    08-07-09 06:13 PM
    Type this into Ebay. This is what I got, at least until Speck put's out a case.

Clear Crystal Hard Case for BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630

WCM
    08-07-09 06:16 PM
    ooo i am more obsessed than anyone! with the damn battery cover being weird...i got the one that just clicks on it was 14.95 in the crackberry store...then i blinged it out! LOVE it! way better than the silicone ones and this one is soo thin and weighs nothing!
    08-07-09 07:04 PM
    You are able to fit the Tour in the holster case it came with while in a hard case?

Sorry I'm late on the response, but yes...my Tour is encased in a Verizon clear hard clip on case, and it fits in the holster it came with. A little tight...but loosens up nicely after a day or two.
    08-07-09 07:05 PM
    Someone posted a link to this gel/hard case for a curve and found it for the tour and looks pretty good. I got the solid black but the color ones are very tempting as well and for the price I might just get a few more.

1 SOFT Crystal Gel Hard Case Skin Blackberry Tour 9630 - eBay (item 350235590339 end time Sep-02-09 13:05:58 PDT)
    I ordered the same one. The silicone ones pick up too much lint and get stuck in your pocket. I have an Invisible Shield skin on it and will use the new case with it.
    08-07-09 07:06 PM
    Type this into Ebay. This is what I got, at least until Speck put's out a case.

Clear Crystal Hard Case for BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630

WCM
    Oh, snap! That looks like it covers the whole screen in hard plastic with just the bottom keypad exposed from the trackball down. And for $3.99 shipped?! I might have to go for that.

How's the quality/fit?
    08-07-09 07:08 PM
    the silicone ones are more popular and a few dollars less, but the hard cases actually protect your blackberry more if you drop it and come in a lot more designs. Why don't you get a few of both?
    08-07-09 07:51 PM
    I bought a silicone oem cover when I bought my Tour...but after reading the reviews on the Otterbox I finally ($broke down literally) and ordered one. I felt with the silicone your just protecting half of your investment so why not go with the otterbox and protect your whole investment.

I have banana fingers so the bulk is actually something I am looking forward too.
    08-07-09 08:45 PM
    I just bought the hard case from Verizon. I like it a lot. It was a little pricey but it provides great protection, and is easier to use the phone from the case than any leather case I have used. The clip is also larger, so that it has not fallen off my belt. That is one of the problems I have found with the clip on cases.
    08-07-09 09:09 PM
    I ordered the same one. The silicone ones pick up too much lint and get stuck in your pocket. I have an Invisible Shield skin on it and will use the new case with it.
    I ordered this one as well, I'm excited about seeing it in person
    08-08-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD