I have a Tour case with the magnet flap on it, is it OK to use it for my new Storm2?
    03-28-10 03:01 PM
    Yes it is, however it won't put the Storm 2 into sleep mode.
    03-28-10 03:02 PM
    Is there a case like the Tour case that will put it to sleep?
    03-28-10 03:19 PM
    several do, check out the CB store
    03-28-10 04:06 PM
    BB makes a horizontal leather case, as well as a leather swivel holster. Both have proximity sensors built in.
    03-28-10 04:16 PM
    Is there a case like the Tour case that will put it to sleep?
    Check out this post on a perfect Storm case. It contains a mod to the Tour case that will allow it to put the Storm 2 to sleep.
    03-28-10 04:23 PM
    I've been using my OEM (BB) leather holster designed for the Storm, for well over a year now, I first got it for my Storm 1 and then began using it on my 2. Works great, though after a year, the flap is beginning to show a few cracks, but otherwise, it's great. When it eventually dies, I'll buy another one, it does exactly what I want it to do. I purchased it at my local VZW store.

Edit: I forgot to add, I do have one objection. When the phone is in the holster and I'm using my BT for voice dialing, there is some serious lag in the process. For a while, I kept thinking there was something wrong with the phone or my Jawbone, but someone pointed out to me "only happens to me when it's in my holster" and when I tried it without, the problem was solved. Other than that, no problems!
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 03-28-10 at 04:39 PM.
    03-28-10 04:36 PM
    Mine didn't but the store traded me straight up for a holster type thing that was actually more money so I was very happy.
    I had a tour leather holster and the magnet was off, I could sleep it by
    setting it on top but once in the holster the magnet was too far away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD