does anyone know that if the Tour Case with the magnet on it that comes in the box when you buy the tour has any affect on the battery life with the phone because i read keep away from magnets so i was wondering if anyone could clear that up for me?
    07-15-09 10:14 PM
    thanks.point well taken..nice sarcasm though
    07-15-09 10:19 PM
    It alerts the phone as to whether or not it is 'In Holster' and changes the settings as such.
    07-15-09 10:23 PM
    Do you think that the device manufacturer would create a carry case for one of its devices that could potentially harm the device itself?

The answer to your question is no.
    +1 for the sarcasm

-1 for giving a straight answer
    07-15-09 10:24 PM
    Wow people sure are catty...

Umm notice only 3 posts? Try to be nice to the newbies. You didn't pick up your first blackberry and know everything about everything.
    07-15-09 10:37 PM
    does anyone know that if the Tour Case with the magnet on it that comes in the box when you buy the tour has any affect on the battery life with the phone because i read keep away from magnets so i was wondering if anyone could clear that up for me?
    It does what nyyankeefan said and it also shuts down the device while it's in the holster to save battery life.
    07-15-09 10:38 PM
    Oh yes I did. I know everything, didn't you know that?

Ok, well I didn't. But the first thing I did was read the User Guide cover to cover!

Mind you, I'm pretty fab. That can't be expected of everyone.
    +1 for being canadien.
    07-15-09 10:39 PM
    +1 for being canadien.
    Canadians are Fab though I have to give you that.

Oh, ok... you win
    07-15-09 10:45 PM
    Do you think that the device manufacturer would create a carry case for one of its devices that could potentially harm the device itself?

The answer to your question is no.
    Well they did create the case on the storm that was ripping users end button off but that's entirely a different case haha
    07-15-09 10:47 PM
    Well they did create the case on the storm that was ripping users end button off but that's entirely a different case haha
    Entirely different phone lol
    07-15-09 10:47 PM
    LOL are you SERIOUS!??!? AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I got schooled, that is AWESOME.
    -1 pwnd by rim
    07-15-09 10:50 PM
    thanks.point well taken..nice sarcasm though
    This is typical of SmashFace...each and every post is laced with sarcasm and arrogance.
    07-15-09 11:27 PM
    There's enough sarcasm in here so I'll just be straight with the OP. Yes, it does effect the battery life, in a good way, it's SUPPOSED to. You can set your BB up to go to "Sleep" when it's in the holster, which your BB knows by using those magnets. Checkout the 101 lecture series for more info about this.

BTW, holsters are in the same category as 1. men who drive scooters, 2. the backstreet boys, 3. Bruno, 4. men with only a right earring, 5. pocket protectors.....
    07-15-09 11:50 PM
    There's enough sarcasm in here so I'll just be straight with the OP. Yes, it does effect the battery life, in a good way, it's SUPPOSED to. You can set your BB up to go to "Sleep" when it's in the holster, which your BB knows by using those magnets. Checkout the 101 lecture series for more info about this.

BTW, holsters are in the same category as 1. men who drive scooters, 2. the backstreet boys, 3. Bruno, 4. men with only a right earring, 5. pocket protectors.....
    what is gay, alex.
    07-15-09 11:51 PM
    we would've also accepted "totally lame", or "lame-o-ren-dowski"
    07-15-09 11:53 PM
    we would've also accepted "totally lame", or "lame-o-ren-dowski"
    completely and utterly lame and dorky and ugly but they help keep my phone clean and lint free

besides, I carry a ton of stuff in my pockets all day, that is just a danger zone for a brand new device.
    07-15-09 11:57 PM
    The only cases I will ever get have the magnets built in. Be careful though...not all case magnets work with the different phones. I thought for sure my old Storm cases would shut off my Tour, but they didn't
    Last edited by mjs31; 07-16-09 at 12:12 AM.
    07-16-09 12:10 AM
    The only cases I will ever get have the magnets built in. Be careful though...not all case magnets work with the different phones. I thought for sure my old Storm cases would shut off my Tour, but they didn't
    That's weird. Isn't a magnet a magnet?

I guess it has to do with the positioning of the magnet itself then.
    07-16-09 12:24 AM
    LMAO! thats a good one. thanks for clearing that up
    07-16-09 09:35 AM
    I would imagine it's got alot to do with field strength.

+1 For Being Plus Sized
    09-12-09 12:23 PM
    Yeah, even if my Tour is on top, or near the magnets in its case it will shut off, without actually being inside the case.
    09-12-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD