Just got my BB cradle in the mail. I bought two from Ebay for approx $18 each including shipping, and am very happy with it. The phone just drops in and charges via the charging posts in the back of the case. Much better than my Treo cradle, as I had to plug my Treo into it rather than just dropping it in.

To use the BB cradle I had to remove Tour's rubberized skin, which is what I wanted to do anyway as it added too much to the bulk of the phone (will probably go with something Invisible-Shield-like). I imagine this will be a problem with hard cases - or any case that covers Tour's back charging contacts. The BB icon at the front does not light up (there is a small light at the back but it is constantly on), the phone LED light does not seem to indicate the charging status as it is blinking at the same rate. The phone screen screen turns off while it is charging so there is no obvious way to tell whether the phone is charging or not without hitting turning on the screen.

Obvious changes for V2 of the cradle 1) Indicator light indicating charging status at the front 2) ability to charge a 2nd battery simultaneously (my Treo cradle could do that), 3) why not sell it with its own charger? 4) extra cradle space with iPhone-like plastic cradle adapters to allow charging in a case + adjustable cradle charging posts for the same function.

Despite the above, I am very happy with it and recommend getting one. You should be able to get it cheaper than retail on eBay or with some savvy Google product searching.

Pic uploaded
    Last edited by dohturdima; 07-31-09 at 10:14 AM.
    07-31-09 10:06 AM
    Just ordered mine 11.00
    Thanks for the review
    07-31-09 10:12 AM
    Actually sir... The ability to tell if ur phone is charging or not lies in the phones options...
    Go to:
    Clock>menu>options>when charging> u can either select bedside mode or display clock....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 10:13 AM
    Actually sir... The ability to tell if ur phone is charging or not lies in the phones options...
    Go to:
    Clock>menu>options>when charging> u can either select bedside mode or display clock....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for the suggestion. I just need to tinker with the screen settings as I don't want the clock to be displayed when charging. I would much rather have the home screen on while charging (without the screen shutting off) in order to tell if any new MMS/VM/email came in.
    07-31-09 10:22 AM
    Thank you for the suggestion. I just need to tinker with the screen settings as I don't want the clock to be displayed when charging. I would much rather have the home screen on while charging (without the screen shutting off) in order to tell if any new MMS/VM/email came in.
    The led light will blink Red on the upper right hand corner to let you know that you received one of those messages
    07-31-09 10:31 AM
    You should get Leave-It-On or BBLight (not BLight). They both have options to leave the screen turned on when charging.
    07-31-09 11:03 AM
    just ordered...thanks for the review
    07-31-09 11:05 AM
    You should get Leave-It-On or BBLight (not BLight). They both have options to leave the screen turned on when charging.
    The screen will stay on now.. YOu just have to turn off the option to have the clock show when charging
    07-31-09 11:07 AM
    The screen will stay on now.. YOu just have to turn off the option to have the clock show when charging
    T-Dawg speaks the truth!
    07-31-09 11:08 AM
    T-Dawg speaks the truth!
    Yep all you do is go to the clock options and change the option when charging to Do nothing and when you charge it doesn't pop up
    07-31-09 11:10 AM
    Just got my BB cradle in the mail. I bought two from Ebay for approx $18 each including shipping, and am very happy with it. The phone just drops in and charges via the charging posts in the back of the case. Much better than my Treo cradle, as I had to plug my Treo into it rather than just dropping it in.

To use the BB cradle I had to remove Tour's rubberized skin, which is what I wanted to do anyway as it added too much to the bulk of the phone (will probably go with something Invisible-Shield-like). I imagine this will be a problem with hard cases - or any case that covers Tour's back charging contacts. The BB icon at the front does not light up (there is a small light at the back but it is constantly on), the phone LED light does not seem to indicate the charging status as it is blinking at the same rate. The phone screen screen turns off while it is charging so there is no obvious way to tell whether the phone is charging or not without hitting turning on the screen.

Obvious changes for V2 of the cradle 1) Indicator light indicating charging status at the front 2) ability to charge a 2nd battery simultaneously (my Treo cradle could do that), 3) why not sell it with its own charger? 4) extra cradle space with iPhone-like plastic cradle adapters to allow charging in a case + adjustable cradle charging posts for the same function.

Despite the above, I am very happy with it and recommend getting one. You should be able to get it cheaper than retail on eBay or with some savvy Google product searching.

Pic uploaded
    so with the cradle, are you saying that you can or can't charge extra spare battery?
    07-31-09 11:13 AM
    Just ordered mine 11.00
    Thanks for the review
    where did you purchase yours from?
    07-31-09 11:15 AM
    I have one of those clear skins on the device.. does not cover the back charging spots and still doesn't fit right in cradle.. so with this cradle u cant have anything on device
    07-31-09 11:19 AM
    I have PhantomSkinz on my Tour and it still fits in the cradle and charges, but it a little snug and requires you to seat the device properly before it charges. The skin also causes the phone to "stick" to the cradle sometimes - but it still works.
    07-31-09 11:24 AM
    Isn't this just the charging pod that we all have seen? When you said cradle, I thought of something to hold the device like in the car and charge it. My bad...
    07-31-09 11:30 AM
    where did you purchase yours from?
    I think the one he's talking about is from amazon here's the address

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry Tour 9630: AccessoryOne
    07-31-09 11:58 AM
    I think the one he's talking about is from amazon here's the address

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry Tour 9630: AccessoryOne
    Yeah, I saw that, thanks...I hope these guys are legit...
    07-31-09 12:06 PM
    Actually, I ordered my from eBay (got two - one for home, one for office). Was about $18 each shipped. I just saw the Amazon.com link, and ordered another one from AccessoryOne for about $14 to give to my friend as a gift... the Amazon.com also sells it for the same prices but it's backordered for 1-2 months. So far, I did not have a single problem ordering from Amazon.com indie sellers.

Thank you those who chimed in with suggestions. BBLight works great for leaving the Tour on (changed the clock setting when charging to "Do nothing" in Clock options, then went to BBLight settings and turned on the "always on when charging"). Awesome

Cradle DOES NOT charge an extra battery, nor does it have extra micoUSB inputs (just one, for the charger cable).
    Last edited by dohturdima; 07-31-09 at 12:27 PM.
    07-31-09 12:22 PM
    Actually, I ordered my from eBay (got two - one for home, one for office). Was about $18 each shipped. I just saw the Amazon.com link, and ordered another one from AccessoryOne for about $14 to give to my friend as a gift... the Amazon.com also sells it for the same prices but it's backordered for 1-2 months. So far, I did not have a single problem ordering from Amazon.com indie sellers.

Thank you those who chimed in with suggestions.

Cradle DOES NOT charge an extra battery, nor does it have extra micoUSB inputs (just one, for the charger cable).
    ok, thanks
    07-31-09 12:23 PM
    BTW, I just got an update from Bestskinsever that their Tour skin is now available - for $7 shipped I'll give it a try. It should work with the cradle.
    07-31-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD