Hey guys,
    I just received my 2600 mAh extended battery for my torch, so I figured I would do a mini write up. The torch has always had great battery life, even on .337. The prospect of getting more was too much to resist though. Since Seidio doesn't have one, I went with the generic battery from ebay. BLACK For Blackberry Torch 9800 Extended Battery & Door - eBay (item 370480688512 end time Mar-03-11 09:16:33 PST)
    Most impressive was probably how well the battery cover fit. Although, the battery itself was a little tight. I modified my AGF GRT case to accommodated the newly extended battery. That just consisted of cutting out the back a bit. All put together the phone feels quite a bit heavier and bulkier, especially with the case on. Now the real downside... The battery needs to be "synced up" with the original battery via a device they give you with your new battery. And not just once... Anytime you reset or do a battery pull. Not worth it in my opinion for day to day use, but maybe as a spare for trips or something. I'm posting some pics as well so check it out. I know it's janky And yes, the meterberry pic is not realistic at all, I just thought it was funny. But for the record, I have been averaging about 2% discharge rate.
    Slc
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    02-10-11 05:23 AM
    Wow. Interesting. Yeah I agree with the not-worth-it bit if you have to do that sync thing EVERY time. Unless you intend on going for a LONG time when you're away from a USB charger or car charger or something, I'm not sure what it'd do. Very interesting pictures though, you'd think they would have made it more streamlined, or at least that'd fit better. Thanks for buying it and letting the rest of us know how that works out
    02-10-11 05:26 AM
    No problem, I know a lot of people were asking about extended batteries so I figured I should post

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD