hey everyone, its probably obvious but i cant for the life of me figure it out,
    anyways my question is; how the heck do i set my torch to lock automatically when i put it in my holster?

thanks in advance!
    10-06-10 09:35 PM
    Options
    Security
    Password
    At the bottom check lock upon holstering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 09:49 PM
    Options
    Security
    Password
    At the bottom check lock upon holstering

But i dont want to use a password, is it still possible?
    10-06-10 10:14 PM
    It should go into standby when it does into the holster, does it not do that?

10-06-10 10:49 PM
    If your case isn't specifically designed for the 9800 it will not go into standby upon holstering. I have a leather hip case for 9700 and my Torch will not go into standby. I do however have the "Pattern Lock" (not lite) App. Whenever I go to holster my phone I press my lock button. Then the only way to unlock it is a simple swipe of the finger, just like on most android phones. I love it.

10-06-10 11:57 PM
    What I've noticed it if I hit the lock key before I throw it in the holster when I take it out it the screen isn't locked it turns on quick fix would be like the post above mentioned is the app pattern lock

10-07-10 09:28 PM
    What I've noticed it if I hit the lock key before I throw it in the holster when I take it out it the screen isn't locked it turns on quick fix would be like the post above mentioned is the app pattern lock

So is there a option to make it stay locked when we take it out of the holster?
    10-07-10 09:39 PM
    So is there a option to make it stay locked when we take it out of the holster?
    Not without a password.

10-07-10 10:51 PM
    Try an app like "pattern lock" or "storm slider". You just have to make sure you get the paid version otherwise the only way to use the app is to make it your convenience key.

10-08-10 01:06 AM
    It's not just your Torch, it's all Berrys that have the magnet sensor in them.

It would be nice to be able to stop the phone from doing things when unholstering it. When I take my 9650 out, if I do it too quickly after receiving a notification, it will open that program... Sucks when it's on vibrate only and you don't know what the alert was for, you pull out the phone, and Facebook automatically opens and loads my newest notification. Sometimes I just don't care to read them right away and only wanna know what just arrived.
    10-08-10 01:26 AM
    There's options to stop that, in messages. Infact it was off by default on mine

10-08-10 05:13 AM
    I used my old 9700 hip holster for my Torch and it would not go into standby. What was more weird was that if I locked the screen before holstering, the screen would turn on once in the holster!
    I've ordered a new 9800 holster now!
    10-09-10 02:59 AM
    I have two BlackBerry holsters with the belt-clip left over from my Curve 8310 and both of them put the phone in sleep/standby mode when inserted and wake it up when pulled out.

I have yet to find a sleeve that will do that though. Every store is either out of them or don't stock them yet.
    10-09-10 08:22 AM
    Having played around with cases & the Torch I have discovered that the magnetic sensor in the Torch is in fact about half way up the device as opposed to being at the bottom for the Bold.

I used on old case - removed the magnet & then stuck the magnet in a Bold 9000 case with some tape about half way up & it works perfectly.

That saved me the cost of a new case as the Bold 9000 case is a perfect size.
    10-10-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD