Hey gang,
    just wanted to get some feedback on cases for the Torch and what works best when you need to do a battery pull.

I had a case on mine that I liked well enough, but the real problem was that when it came time to do a battery pull, the case was on so well that it wanted to bend the phone itself instead of snapping off easily.

So what are you guys using for cases and how hard is it to remove the case for a battery pull without messing up the phone itself?
    05-04-11 10:26 AM
    Well I just purchased a Otterbox case and it's not terrible when it comes to battery pulls. It slides off pretty easy, the only bad thing is putting it back on. It can be a hassle if you are not use to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 10:36 AM
    Seidio Innocase Surface easily removes for battery pulls.
    05-04-11 10:42 AM
    Incipio Feather Case also comes off fairly easily. I don't do battery pulls, though. I use the alt+right-shift+del button combo to restart my Torch when needed (rarely).
    05-04-11 12:41 PM
    goody another thread about cases...

I personally prefer the AGF GRT case or AGF ENDO + Holster Combo. quite easy to remove...

best bet is to just use the ALT+SHIFT+DEL to reboot the device. 9 times out of 10 it would just the same as a battery pull, and that means 1 time out of 10 will result in having to remove the device from the case..
    05-04-11 02:07 PM
    Above me.
    Usually works unless you get a 100% Freeze up.
    I have the commuter and it works 99% of the time. (I'm talking about when it freezes)

ALT- RIGHT SHIFT- DELETE
    05-04-11 02:09 PM
    I have the AGF GRT case, and I haven't done a battery pull since I put in on about 2 months ago, I think. I always use meterberry or what DeathCommand said.
    05-04-11 02:33 PM
    I've had both the Case-mate and AGF GRT case and I prefer the case-mate with just the back piece connected. The AGF GRT case seems impossible to get off, I actually ruined the chrome front piece and now all I have left is the navy...

I'm actually rockin' a naked Torch with the leather BB holster now. I feel more professional and grown up that way lolol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 03:56 PM
    I find it easy enough to use quickpull unless its a complete freeze which is very rare
    05-04-11 04:02 PM
    AGF GRT case...i just pull it off to do any necessary battery pulls. but usually its the alt + **** + del buttons for me.
    05-05-11 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the replies gang. I have one that is either the Seidio Innocase Surface or the Incipio Feather Case, I'm not sure, I'd have to look at it. They both look the same in the pictures. But I quit using it because it was still tough to remove for a battery pull. That one little tab under the screen lock button really didn't want to let go. Usually you'd expect that tab to just break off.

"Alt-Shift-Del" you say? Hmm, didn't know about that one. That might solve my issues then. Again, big thanks everyone.
    05-05-11 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD